Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993ers daily drives?

Depending on the trip my DD is:

London Overground/Underground
Brompton 2 speed titanium bike
993 C4S

Don't laugh a 944 S2

Attachments

• oulton_park_951.jpg
    oulton_park_951.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 7,095
My other 'daily', recently restored and totally original.

Attachments

• c6539bf1_0590_4bee_b90d_25867568b7f8_929.jpg
    c6539bf1_0590_4bee_b90d_25867568b7f8_929.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 7,067
stuttgartmetal said:
This is the old girl I use
1959 Petrol 2.25litre

Challenging to say the least
Fairey Overdrive
55MPH on the Motorway

FullSizeRender_zpsxposjp5n.jpg

IMG_0337_zpsflniwqwm.jpg

And this big boy for commuting

17FF14EF-B02A-426A-B0BC-999CAE588464_zpshahg8dc6.jpg

We'd sooooo get on. :D

Jodes said:
A Land Rover and a 993 make a good combo in my eyes...

We'd soooo get on too :D

Anyone else thinking that a 993 forum meet in the DDs would be more entertaining than everyone all turning up in their 993?..

Not got a daily drive really but the drive of the day varies with month and weather, but the run is generally about 45 mins of mixed driving.

Family workhorse is the Mini Cooper but in the winter I do like the LR Defender but as it is a 4.0 V8 with auto I get the urge to blat around in it at any time. Come the brighter weather I can drive the 993 daily but if the sun is really shining, as it has in the last few weeks, the it has to be the 500SL. It may be over 30 years old but it is a bucket list car I promise you.

Can be caught occasionally driving a somewhat dated Royal Enfield but at present it is subject to a little project of mine😀

Off tomorrow for a little trip away and taking the RIB with me so there is only one thing on the front of that, a Range Rover Classic, which is always used for any trips into town for an evening when, sadly, I feel like James Bond in his DB.....

Your stable is approved sir. But less of this talk about your RIB; we don't do water her chap. Air cooled you see :D

HomersSpiceRack said:
Not got a daily drive really but the drive of the day varies with month and weather, but the run is generally about 45 mins of mixed driving.

Family workhorse is the Mini Cooper but in the winter I do like the LR Defender but as it is a 4.0 V8 with auto I get the urge to blat around in it at any time. Come the brighter weather I can drive the 993 daily but if the sun is really shining, as it has in the last few weeks, the it has to be the 500SL. It may be over 30 years old but it is a bucket list car I promise you.

Can be caught occasionally driving a somewhat dated Royal Enfield but at present it is subject to a little project of mine😀

Off tomorrow for a little trip away and taking the RIB with me so there is only one thing on the front of that, a Range Rover Classic, which is always used for any trips into town for an evening when, sadly, I feel like James Bond in his DB.....

So your defender must be a 50th Anniversary like mine... although mine has come back from Japan hence the White!! Can't beat a V8!!
https://youtu.be/EqxOe74e02o

Personally wouldn't mind an R129 SL as a daily but currently slumming it in an R230 SL as my daily unless I need to take people when one of the old derv barges will do, or take the wife's TT.

IMG_1304_zpskrnhpjxa.jpg

The 993/SL combo seems pretty popular. I've an r129 sl500 for sunny days (rare over here), a Mini Clubman for daily duties, or my w124 estate if I need space or 7 seats.

RobIpswichUK said:
Personally wouldn't mind an R129 SL as a daily but currently slumming it in an R230 SL as my daily unless I need to take people when one of the old derv barges will do, or take the wife's TT.

IMG_1304_zpskrnhpjxa.jpg

Spotted the car at Colchester yesterday Rob but didn't get a chance to say hello, to many great cars to look at.

My daily drive is a 4 door hatchback.

Fits the kids in the back and dog in the boot.

:grin:

Attachments

• j792avo__2_352.jpeg
    j792avo__2_352.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 2,867

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back