Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996/997 short shifter

elliot_holder

Nurburgring
Numeric Racing short throw shifter kit.
Fits 996/997

https://numericracing.com/product-tag/997/

Billet, ball bearing and fully adjustable.
Adjusts throw anywhere up to 40%
Fits normal centre console and shifter cables, so when fitted your car has its standard appearance.

Loads of reviews about on these is you search google.

Amazing feel, and the engineering of it is incredible.

This is in as new condition and these are around £500 new. I'll take £250

Collection from Guildford or happy to arrange a courier if you need it posted.

Just had mine installed and it's amazing. Mx5 like rifle bolt action. It does make a lot more noise though which personally I like but some may think it's damaging the box etc.

I recently put a Numeric shifter and the Numeric cables (which appear to be a thicker guage than OEM). I cannot say that I have noticed any great increase in noise.

It does take a little bit of time to get used to the shorterrifle like throw which I really like. I did read a lot on Rennlist et al on these and SSKs in general and have not experienced any of the associated problems of finding first or second (prior to warm up eaither).

Numeric were more than happy and quick to provide new grommets for the cables too. Very happy with it all.

Pip

Well yes the bolt action .303 type of noise but nothing in the big scheme of things. I think most others (who had installed SSK) were complaining of the noise through the cables presumably if using Cup or Numeric cables.

Pip

Yup it's so much more engaging. I love it and is one of the best things I've done for it. I must say that changing cables is pretty much a must if you're jalopy is approaching 50-60k

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back