Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 993 owner questions!

I think everybody is missing the most important point here, namely

Mosquito said:
I had the car transported down to Brescia to follow the Mille Miglia, and then drove the car home with a friend via Switzerland.

Very nice way to start your 993 ownership!!

Haha, well it's not a daily driver for sure. More a car for special trips during the summer. I've done Laon several times in older cars and enjoy driving on European roads. Next year maybe the Spa Classic?

I found the 993 so incredibly civilised and drivable in my first long trip. Nice place to be.

:eek:

Welcome to the forum chum and for 'outing yourself' as a new owner of a low mileage example :thumb: That in itself is rare as you'll no doubt have paid top dough (as we're at the top of the bell-curve) AND you appear to have the mindset to use it rather than garage Queen it :grin:

:hand: Illuminati membership may be questionable though unless you curb those miles and only take it out after checking the forecast for precipitation.

All that you've mentioned can be sorted and it shows that even low mileage/low owner cars still suffer with age related issues no matter how they are looked after.

My money will be on the evaporator and no doubt infrequent use of the AC has led to deterioration unless there's an obvious leak due to a pipe fracture etc. All the parts are cheap and it's only the 8-10hr labour cost that hammers the wallet to swap out the evaporator.

If the windscreen creaks it's either been out/replaced or you've got rust on the scuttle that's chafing it. Different views on replacement screens but the important bit is letting someone do it that understands how to fit them properly otherwise it will still squeak :what:

If you're going to start peeling parts off the car then you could go to the length of havingh the chassis legs checkde and sorted if they've not been done.

Once again Chum I :salut: you for putting your head over the parapet as a determined user.

I was all set to take part in the Mille Miglia year before last but it fell through :roll:

Yes, I am still confused by this term Illuminati. Can someone please explain! Thanks

Mosquito said:
Yes, I am still confused by this term Illuminati. Can someone please explain! Thanks

Someone will be along soon with a concise explanation and will probably mention windscreen wiper widgets as well, it is basically about those who take ***** to a new level as far as I am aware.

I have not idea why the word a n a l should end up as asterisks.

Really nice looking car btw.

Thanks, will try not to join that particular club!

Mosquito said:
Thanks for the car compliments. Yes, I thought the colour was interesting and unusual. I have a friend with an Iris Blue C2S and viewed a black C2S and a silver C4. This was the car that suited me the best and the colour was a bonus.

Hi Bob, I live in a hamlet near Ware in Herts. The car is currently stored near Hemel until I can finish building the garages (this summer) at my house. Harpenden is 30 mins away so happy to meet for a coffee and compare notes!

Great we will have to sort out a meet soon. There are a couple of other owners in Harpenden too.

Cheers
Bob

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back