Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Talk to me about N rated tyres please.

CarreraMonkey

Ok, so I've noticed a few threads recently where people are suggesting that they won't bother getting N rated tyres as their porsche warranty has expired.

I need a full set of boots for mine and this gives me the opportunity to look at what I want.

What does the N code mean? Will not having N code tyres invalidate my Insurance should I have an accident? (we all know that Ins. companies will find anyway to get out of paying out)

I see there are options from N0 - N2. Whats that about and does it matter?

It's just Porsche's system they use to show they've tested certain tyres for use with the different models in their range. A tyre that has been approved starts with N0 rating, I think, and further developments with that same tyre mean that it'll be an N1, N2 tyre etc.

Nothing to do with car Insurance whatsoever I don't think, just for OPC warranty purposes. As we know, some of the best tyres for certain models are not N-rated and a number of us use them instead of the N equivalent.

I just fitted a set of the Michelin PS4S to my 997 and I cant believe the difference its made over the old Pirelli P Zero`s which were on there. Its like night & day. They arnt N rated, but as I dont have any warranty I wasnt worried about that.

rabbitstew said:
I just fitted a set of the Michelin PS4S to my 997 and I cant believe the difference its made over the old Pirelli P Zero`s which were on there. Its like night & day. They arnt N rated, but as I dont have any warranty I wasnt worried about that.

Ha, great aren't they? :thumbs:

:thumbs: +1 for the Michelin PS4S, changed from P Zeros and its made a huge difference, the steering even at low speeds feels much more tactile and smooth to me.

Black circles don't have them in 305/30/19's at the moment though. :?

Was just going to switch to bridgestones as found them pretty good on my 996.

Very helpful. Thanks! :thumb:

Camskill quite a lot cheaper than anywhere else too.

Oponeo and giga tyres are also worth a try.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back