Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quite an impact

Barryn

This afternoons drive ended abruptly.

A Land Rovers trailer released a rock as I approached him on a country lane.
After the initial wince, realised I was very lucky, missed the car completely.
Now the dilemma, who to use for the replacement? The Insurance company use National Windscreens 🤔

Glass tec not really an option as I'm in Cumbria.

34673234661_f6cb01b7a5_k.jpg

Holy ***** mate,the rocks created a vortex in your windscreen!!

That could have been lethal,very bad but a windscreen can be replaced.

I'd give Duncan a call at Autobody Windscreens.

I think they are in the Bradford area but he may travel to Cumbria

He was recommended by the Glassman as the man to go to in the North

He replaced my screen a few years ago & haven't heard a creak since

:D

Ouch ........ at first I thought the rock had gone straight through the windscreen ....... good luck with getting it sorted Barry.

That's what happened to mine too this weekend. Not quite the boulder the OP took but I think I'll need it replaced.
Thing is my screen has this lovely green tint on it. I want/need the same. I too was put through to National Windscreens. Will they be able to do the tint also!?

I knew I should just polish it and not drive it :sad:

Yes they come tinted ....... at least mine did when I had it replaced a few years back ........

Top tint is optional

Thanks gents it was a big bang, not all the way through though!
Had a chat with Paul at Glasstec and he helped a lot, with a relatively local recommendation.
My insurer ERS are also happy for me to go with who I want (I may have to pay a little more on my excess)

I will obviously update when I have more details..

That's a whopper. What bad luck, but perhaps best it took out the windscreen, not a whole panel.

Good grief - the sound of that rock hitting the windscreen must have got your attention! :eek:

Glad you are okay Barry and the fact the car was unscathed too is a huge bonus. Good luck with getting it all resolved.

Barry update us on how you got on with fitting a new screen?
New suspension in yet...?!

:dont know: You don't think it's unleashed the hornet's nest of scuttle rust that's taking the time to sort? Or is the clingfilm fix still holding :?:

Apologies plenty on these days.

36734826171_308f34dacf_k.jpg

Before. ^
36479496600_9efef5def2_k.jpg

36875974595_bd377473fc_k.jpg

After ^

All done and dusted, special mention required to Paul at Glasstec for plenty of advice and recommending Allan Love at Eurowindscreens.
Very very impressed, top quality job, better than new.

Zingari said:
:dont know: You don't think it's unleashed the hornet's nest of scuttle rust that's taking the time to sort? Or is the clingfilm fix still holding :?:

I was worried about the same.. 😬

No rust at all 100% clear, huge sigh of relief..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back