Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed sourcing 997

Dalhopa

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. Previously owned 996 c4s 2002 & 996 2001 model but been a while and now ready to jump back in.
Looking for help to find a low mileage late Gen 1 early Gen 2, 997, pref blue, or silver but willing to consider all. Ideally an S.
I've scoured all the indies and need help knowing the best to deal with. Willing to travel for the right car.
All thoughts / input appreciated

Thanks

Hi dalhopa and welcome :wave:

We all love these threads, exiting times for you ( again).

You should mention budget as most of us love trawling the ads etc for others :grin:

I bought mine from rsj but they are all pretty good who advertise on this site including ken ( the above post) and trusted so, you've come to the right place.

Good luck with your search and look forward to following.

Ian 8)

:welcome:

As mentioned, the site sponsors are all very well respected. RSJ, Dove House, 911virgin, 9e.

Personally, I'd go for gen 2 over gen 1 every time because of the robust dfi engine and updated PCM. The PDK is also pretty special if you wanted an auto.

Same again about RSJ, good and pleasant people to deal with. Granted they are a tad more expensive than others but you get what you pay for - so speak.

Additionally they warrant their cars for 1 year, yes it is in house but recon its costed into the price. For Insurance/warranty from any place then you don't know how good it is until something happens but from the experience I have had so far then you should have any issues with them.

They check there cars out prior and replace anything that needs replacing prior. I would give them a call and have a chat as Joel/Darren are easy to talk to, let them know what your after.

I pick mine up end of the month and cannot wait :)

Best of luck fella

Thank you all for your help, greatly appreciated, I'll certainly talk with rsj, I've a budget of around 40 & so hoping this might be enough for a great Gen 2. I guess my problem is I want it all, super low mileage, fantastic condition, great service history.

You have PM re a 997.2 C2S coming up for sale

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back