Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Still looking for a 996

Just my 2p's worth.
I have spent a couple of months looking for the perfect car, ie
Early C2, Aerokit, low miles, low owners , perfect paint, perfect history perfect mechanics, right colour, sports seats.... etc etc,
That car probably doesn't exist, so I have managed to find the next best thing. Most of the above but without the aerokit and sports seats.
In the end the aerokit became much less important than the other stuff.
Patience is the thing. They are out there......
:)

This is an interesting discussion. Because there are seemingly loads of 996s for sale, and they're talked about a lot in the press and Porsche circles at the moment - and yet buying the one you (think you) want is so damn difficult!

Lots of us seem to have sensibly compromised, and then the compromise either turns out to be a benefit in disguise, or at least not so bad after all.

Coming from an Elise and a Boxster Spyder I too set out looking for the perfect C2. Instead I bought the perfect C4, and I rather like it for what it is!

:thumbs:

I've now got my car on eBay , it's had a few bids so fingers crossed it should be away this week . I'm in no rush to get the 911 the right car will come along eventually, I will be getting a pre purchase inspection done on any car that I'm serious about buying .
It's interesting that the c2's are much more popular , I know keen drivers favour rwd , but the added grip of awd is welcome when it's wet . I had a Impreza years ago and I thought it's 4 wheel drive system was amazing , you could floor it even in low gears , no wheelspin it just gripped and went .

I've now got my car on eBay , it's had a few bids so fingers crossed it should be away this week . I'm in no rush to get the 911 the right car will come along eventually, I will be getting a pre purchase inspection done on any car that I'm serious about buying .
It's interesting that the c2's are much more popular , I know keen drivers favour rwd , but the added grip of awd is welcome when it's wet . I had a Impreza years ago and I thought it's 4 wheel drive system was amazing , you could floor it even in low gears , no wheelspin it just gripped and went .

Brucey1 said:

I've had both a C2 and C4 and whilst I think the overall steering feel of the C2 is better, I found the front end a bit too lively for my tastes and I've come to prefer the surefooted nature of the C4. I think that having that bit more weight over the axle helps ordinary drivers like me get the most out of the car, but I can see why better drivers would prefer the C2.

I've just put mine up for sale if your interested it's in the for sale section, 996 3.4 manual, aero kit, 84k, fsh, has limited slip diff option too etc etc

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back