Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear 997 Turbo brake duct/scoop/spoilers on a 996?

demon

Second item on this Design911 page...
- click on the image enlarge button to see various pics including the parts catalogue...

997 331 487 03 /L
997 331 488 03 /R

http://www.design911.com/Porsche/99...-Air-Scoop/pt66_66_2326_-cma81-cmo539-ct1373/

Is there any reason these wouldn't fit on a non-turbo 997, or even a standard 996?

Anyone actually fitted them to such?

...and yes, I do rather like adding black plastic factory aero bits to the underside of my car for potentially dubious performance gains.....

Just interesting, as there were various iterations of the front brake duct pieces, with the 997 GT3 versions fitting the 996, whilst costing surprisingly little when sourced direct from Porsche (i.e. ~£13 each) and thereby giving an "upgrade"
- my fronts and rears are now upgraded to Girodisc items... hence my interest when I discovered there might also be something available for the back.... assuming 911s use a little more rear bias than typical due the general layout....

yes they do.

and DON'T buy them there . go to the local OPC porsche dealer my friend. everyone else just puts mark up on them!

get the 997 GT3 ones too for the front as they are bigger. I put the fronts and rears on my 996 GT3 as they were missing and the whole lot comes to about £20 for all 4 bit. you will be amazed.

have a look on my build thread here for pics: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97326&start=0

Part numbers you need are:

997 GT3 Front Ducts - £2.18 each plus vat

997 Rears - £6.30 each plus vat

hope that helps. let us know how you get on.

Nick

The GT3 fronts sell for £35 on eBay! Clearly people assume that the OPC would be more expensive. Even cheaper with PCGB discount too.

my point exactly. middle men are making a mint on em

admittedly some parts at the OPC are daft money

but some parts like these you get a REAL surprise. even the parts guy at OPC Tonbridge when I bought mine had to double check about 3 times it was right ;-)

I fitted a front set a year or two ago... but they may have been the 996 version... or maybe the 997 version........
- safe to say, given the price and the fact they do ultimately get a bit chewed over time, I'm just going to call up and order a set of 4 new without even bothering to look under the front of the car!

I have a "local racing" (i.e. Cup) version of the 996.2 GT3 Chin spoiler on my own car that cost ~£30 compared to >£100 for the "street" version
- considering the Cup version is deeper and that both are ultimately a sacrificial piece of black GRP underneath the car, the price for the standard part is as ridiculous as the "local racing" parts are cheap!

Trick is ever to have the right/"secret" part numbers, so many thanks!

the Cup ones are the same as on the GT3 RS as standard.

they are about £250 each so major de niro.

unless you are tracking all the time then prob not worth it.

as you say they get bashed up so the GT3 ones ideal. the mere sight of a speed hump with Cup brake ducts on would bring me to tears ;-)

I did notice a difference on a spirited drive to wales after the brake ducts were fitted. maybe placebo effect but defo more bite and you could really hammer them for longer. Pagid RS 29s help too.

for £20 all in from the OPC its a no brainer!!

demon said:
I fitted a front set a year or two ago... but they may have been the 996 version... or maybe the 997 version........
- safe to say, given the price and the fact they do ultimately get a bit chewed over time, I'm just going to call up and order a set of 4 new without even bothering to look under the front of the car!

I have a "local racing" (i.e. Cup) version of the 996.2 GT3 Chin spoiler on my own car that cost ~£30 compared to >£100 for the "street" version
- considering the Cup version is deeper and that both are ultimately a sacrificial piece of black GRP underneath the car, the price for the standard part is as ridiculous as the "local racing" parts are cheap!

Trick is ever to have the right/"secret" part numbers, so many thanks!
Demon, do you have part number for the £30ish chin spoiler please? :thumb:

NLW73 said:
yes they do.

and DON'T buy them there . go to the local OPC porsche dealer my friend. everyone else just puts mark up on them!

get the 997 GT3 ones too for the front as they are bigger. I put the fronts and rears on my 996 GT3 as they were missing and the whole lot comes to about £20 for all 4 bit. you will be amazed.

have a look on my build thread here for pics: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97326&start=0

Part numbers you need are:

997 GT3 Front Ducts - £2.18 each plus vat

997 Rears - £6.30 each plus vat

hope that helps. let us know how you get on.

Nick

Exactly as stated, just bought a set of them from my local OPC. Even the parts guy there said "bargain" when he saw the price. I'll be putting them on shortly...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back