Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on this Gen2 Please?

Swampy said:
s70rjw said:
If the spec is right, get a PPI done. That's the only surefire way of seeing what it's like underneath the bodywork is an inspection unless you know 911s inside out. I almost got burned with a 997.2, best £280 I ever spent that PPI. Good luck

Forgive my lack of knowledge but what does PPI mean please.

Swamps :)

Pre Purchase Inspection mate :thumb:

A fully detailed engineers report of any faults, non stock items etc , usually with the gen 1 a borescope is asked for aswell :thumb: they cost between £150 and £350 depends on who and where it's done

Many Thanks Phil, I should of guessed it really... Doh

Swamps :)

Guys just a heads up, as mentioned further up the thread there are many lurkers on here and as soon as a good car is highlighted and general approval given by the collective they move on it , my advice is pick a few members that sound like they have an idea of the type of thing your looking for or have a good knowledge and PM them the info ,most will be happy to help and it stops the lurkers spotting one your after. good luck :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Guys just a heads up, as mentioned further up the thread there are many lurkers on here and as soon as a good car is highlighted and general approval given by the collective they move on it , my advice is pick a few members that sound like they have an idea of the type of thing your looking for or have a good knowledge and PM them the info ,most will be happy to help and it stops the lurkers spotting one your after. good luck :thumb: :thumb:
Indeed ! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back