Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Internal Telephone Not Available

its quite possible that it does work ok, but was looped out due to the fitting in its place of a mObridge or Denison unit, which become part of the MOST loop in place of the phone unit.

Richard if your going to Simply Porsche @ Beaulieu and you haven't got the bits by then, I will have a spare connector which I can bring along for you.

I am planning to come along to Simply Porsche and I'll let you know it the part hasn't arrived, I appreciate your very kind offer.

So, I took the seat out again today and fitted the new most plug to the fiber cable and connected the module. It's still not working.

I can pick up a secondhand phone module for £100 on eBay (or maybe someone has one they don't want) but, I think I'll still need to have the new box activated. How much will that cost? And, there is still no guarantee that there isn't another problem that's preventing the phone module from working.

My gut feeling is that the phone module stopped working in the past and rather than replacing the box they just bypassed it. I think the phone module was £1000 back in the day, I would have done the same. Now it's only £100, that's a different proposition and I just want to use funky handset!

Or, maybe I'll look at a more modern solution, the Dension Gateway 500S BT for £350.

The codeing of it wont take long providing the garage knows what they are doing .. my guess would be a 1/2 hour charge .

Connect tester ...

Select Pcm
Select MMI
Select actual and nominal configurations ..
Enter phone in nominal so its in the same order as actual
Save.
Do a Vehicle Handover ( optional )

Depending on type of tester of course .

Thank you Demort, I think it maybe fun to have one last go before it makes more sense to enter the 21st century.

I managed to find a secondhand phone module for £90, I plugged it in and it appears to working, well it looks like it's working. I spoke to OPC Portsmouth and they said it will cost 30 mins, about £75 to recode the new unit. And they have free coffee and biscuits too!

:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back