Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed

mike123

Afternoon guys

I need to remove the headlamps and it appears that one of the hex bolts that releases the headlamp is snapped.

Any ideas on how I can get around this?

Cheers

Mike

Are you sure its snapped as sometimes they angle away and the tool wont connect.

The tool isnt worn or cracked is it ?

If not its possible its been rounded off a bit .. a selection of 1/4 inch sockets on an extension would be my first attempt , failing that you could pull the arch linner out and see what access you have .

Not something ive come accross before im afraid .. i usually manage to jam something on it in the end .

It had completely snapped off.

I managed to get the smallest of bites from a drill bit and the light came out.

Next question...... does anybody have idiot proof instructions to remove a 997 bumper?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, I had exactly the same issue, managed to get the light out by brute force really from the front (using some plastic interiror tools to lever the headlight) - must have been really tricky to get a drill bit in there :eek:.
I can't remember where I got mine but if you google you will find plenty of instructions for PU removal, it's not difficult but there are quite a few steps - I always take loads of photos as I go!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back