Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 997.1 turbo manual - healthy budget for right car

NickHappy

Hello All,

I'm in the market for the above car and ideally looking to make a private purchase - I've throughly enjoyed my 996 turbo over the last 3 years and it's time to move onto the next car. If anybody is considering selling please do let me know

Much Appreciated

Nick

Re: Wanted - 997.1 turbo manual - healthy budget for right c

NickHappy said:
Hello All,

I'm in the market for the above car and ideally looking to make a private purchase - I've throughly enjoyed my 996 turbo over the last 3 years and it's time to move onto the next car. If anybody is considering selling please do let me know

Much Appreciated

Nick
Happy hunting Nick. They really are a special car with manual box but I guess having had the 996 version you kind of know what you are getting.
Styling wise, the 997 is way up there (still behind the Aircooled turbos for me) and seemingly no less handsome as the years pass.
They sell quickly if in top condition so don't hang around for days asking people on here what they think of any particular car as it will soon disappear from under your nose.
Good luck, get your PPI inspector lined up and start trawling the ads :thumb:

NickHappy said:
Hello All,

Much Appreciated

Nick

Hi Nick,

There are a few for sale, what's your budget?

Scholester said:
Happy hunting Nick. They really are a special car with manual box but I guess having had the 996 version you kind of know what you are getting.
Styling wise, the 997 is way up there (still behind the Aircooled turbos for me) and seemingly no less handsome as the years pass.
They sell quickly if in top condition so don't hang around for days asking people on here what they think of any particular car as it will soon disappear from under your nose.

Will do Scholester - are you looking to sell ?? :lol:

apollokre1d said:
NickHappy said:
Hi Nick,

Depends on the car - looking for an early car, manual with Circa 50k miles or less :thumb:

Do have a budget to work to obviously but want to see what comes up.

I'm sure you know, but I wouldn't get too hung up on the mileage. These cars are now 9 to 10 years old, so 60,000 miles on the clock would only be 6,000 a year which is not too many miles. Service history is much more important as I'm sure you are aware.

I bought my car privately in West Sussex last year with 46,000 miles on the clock, so they are out there! :thumbs:

NickHappy said:
apollokre1d said:
NickHappy said:
Hi Nick,

Depends on the car - looking for an early car, manual with Circa 50k miles or less :thumb:

Just looking on AT and PH, manual (Edited: coupe :oops:) cars are going from £55K with 36K miles all the way to a ridiculous £85K with 13K miles (and everything in-between).

How about this one?
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...-turbo-997/porsche-911-997-turbo-2007/7057491
It is the cheapest for the mileage it's got.

Martian said:
My Turbo has done 42K mikes, fantastic condition, yours for £80K! :lol:

Mine has done 1,000 miles more but it does have OPC warranty until may 2018 so I don't mind knocking 10k off the above price and gifting mine to you at £70k :D

NickHappy said:
Scholester said:

Will do Scholester - are you looking to sell ?? :lol:
Ah ha! Not bleedin' likely
:hand:
I have my dream car so I would only feel bad to make someone else feel happy like I should have been feeling :grin:

apollokre1d said:
NickHappy said:
apollokre1d said:
NickHappy said:
Hi Nick,

Just looking on AT and PH, manual (couple) cars are going from £55K with 36K miles all the way to a ridiculous £85K with 13K miles (and everything in-between).

How about this one?
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...-turbo-997/porsche-911-997-turbo-2007/7057491
It is the cheapest for the mileage it's got.

Looks nice! :thumbs:

Evening All,

I'm still on the look out for a 997.1 T.

Now the summer is coming to a close is anyone considering selling, I really would prefer to make a private purchase so please feel free to send a PM.

Much appreciated

NH

Dovehouse have just got a black one back in stock. They sold it earlier in the year so it looks like that buyer only had it for the summer months. Its a very early 2006 one, but a good spec.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back