Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

High mileage 997

I also wouldn't be put off by 100k for some reason in this country we seem to have forgotten that we are not driving ford anglia's any longer and modern engines are good for 200k plus and then if you spend 10k on a rebuild you will still have only spent 39k on a 911 and driven it for 1000,000 miles yourself over the next decade, you would still get at least 20k for it when you sell it in 10 years so 2p per mile it would have cost you.
A Euro box would cost you more than that, and 10 years of bland boring driving and paying more for it.
A no brainer for me.

As long as its got full history and been looked after I wouldnt worry too much if its the right price.

Ive stuck 15,000 miles on my 997 turbo in the last 12 months much to my local Indi`s amazement. Thats more miles in 1 year than it did in the 6 years prior to me buying it.

But im using it as my daily driver and thats pretty much entirely motorway miles, cruising along at 50->60mph. Im getting about 28mpg out of a tank full so you can tell its not being driven hard.

But when it comes to selling, buyers do still seem to shy away from 100k+ mile cars, so I now have the dilemma, do I sell it now with 80k on the clock, or keep it another year or so and end up with a 100k car.

Whilst 80k is on the higher side compared to some out there, a "normal" person could buy it, do a couple of thousand a year in it for a couple of years as a weekend toy and probably still get their money back or make money on it when they come to sell it with 84k on the clock.

Decisions!

rabbitstew said:
As long as its got full history and been looked after I wouldnt worry too much if its the right price.

Ive stuck 15,000 miles on my 997 turbo in the last 12 months much to my local Indi`s amazement. Thats more miles in 1 year than it did in the 6 years prior to me buying it.

But im using it as my daily driver and thats pretty much entirely motorway miles, cruising along at 50->60mph. Im getting about 28mpg out of a tank full so you can tell its not being driven hard.

But when it comes to selling, buyers do still seem to shy away from 100k+ mile cars, so I now have the dilemma, do I sell it now with 80k on the clock, or keep it another year or so and end up with a 100k car.

Whilst 80k is on the higher side compared to some out there, a "normal" person could buy it, do a couple of thousand a year in it for a couple of years as a weekend toy and probably still get their money back or make money on it when they come to sell it with 84k on the clock.

Decisions!

This might be the logic of an ejit but....: would your dilemma be solved if you look at how much it would cost to change your current car with, presumably, something the same with less miles or newer -Versus- How much you will lose by driving the car for another year before selling? If the upgrade cost is more than the extra year loss then.......

That's probably b@ll@x but I'm having rather crap day in Mogadishu and it's the best I can come up with. :dont know: :thumb:

Good luck with whatever you decide. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back