Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap Porsche for Monza F1 trip

silvermilnec

Hi guys,
I'm doing a driving trip to Monza for a friend 50th birthday.

One of the guys is British but works in America and will be flying over to do the trip. He looked at hiring a Porsche but it's over £3k plus Insurance.

We thought we could buy a cheap boxster and then just sell it when we got back. What the most reliable boxster? I'm sure some of you guys have run them! Do you think a budget of £5000 to £7000 would get us there and back lol

So best boxster for reliability and to re sell? And no we can't buy a 997.1 turbo manual and make some money selling it when it's gone up £500 in a month

Or are we mad Floor :grin:

Boxster 2.7k worth that when you come back if you don't wreck it.

obviously make sure you get one which has had the IMS done, which is why i like the red car!

For £5K I would buy that for the summer, stick it the garage for the winter and sell it at the start of next summer - oh wait we don't have summer in Scotland :duh:

I'd buy a cheap 924/944, drive the balls off of it on the way there and then fly back to the UK.

Scrap it when you get there, may pay for a beer at the airport :floor:

:thumb:

resigner said:
Wondering why you're in the 997 forum but anyway, easy to sort out :)

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...96-04/stunning-porsche-boxster-s-2001/7179518

Or, if you can fix the couple of small problems mentioned then you might make money on this one!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...e-boxster-24v-s------------------2003/5910564

Well it's funny you ask, but every time I ask a question on other parts of the forum 991/boxster/detailing/buying advice I only get a couple of replies. I even had one of the mods ask us not to turn the 997 section into the new 993 section but I now think it's the most popular part of the site. Plus I thought the chances would be you guys would have had one or know a friend with one.
It just shows the 997 is a real enthusiast car!!

Cheers I'll take a look at the link!

HSC911 said:
I'd buy a cheap 924/944, drive the balls off of it on the way there and then fly back to the UK.

Scrap it when you get there, may pay for a beer at the airport :floor:

:thumb:

Not a bad shout 😂😂

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back