Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP WITH A VALUE FOR MY 997.1 , THANKS

basildon993 said:
It would probably be worth more without the acid green highlights Phil! :floor:

I refrained as I'm a gentleman :lol:

Turbo Phil your worth it 👍👍

Alfaian said:
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING PHIL ? :lol:

Seriously, what would you like to get for the car part ex or private?

Two different things but there will be takers privately as it's a nice looking car with the mods you have done.

Part ex will rob you of a couple of grand. Probably sub 20k at some dealers.

Advertise it and see if you get any bites @ 23k :dont know:

:thumb:

Yes Ian, mid 20ks is kind of my thoughts as the aerokit cars do add a bit .not sure why I was shouting :floor:
probably at myself for thinking about parting with the car :grin: :grin:

Alfaian said:
basildon993 said:
It would probably be worth more without the acid green highlights Phil! :floor:

I refrained as I'm a gentleman :lol:

:eek: :eek: :eek: what doesnt everyone like acid green :floor: :grin: :thumb:

silvermilnec said:

:thumb: Has been considered mate, but then I need to spend 5/6k on an exhaust to make it sound like a 911 :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

:thumb: Has been considered mate, but then I need to spend 5/6k on an exhaust to make it sound like a 911 :thumb:

You would get a Kline for half that Phil.

I had some very fair prices from them on Black Friday but decided to stay stock.

Wow Phil.
I know we kicked this around a bit but I wasn't expecting it quite yet.

It's a car that certainly gets attention for all the right reasons and having done nearly a 1000 miles in it recently I can vouch for the fact it goes very well indeed :grin:

basildon993 said:
You obviously love the car Phil, so how about keeping it and spending the money on this?

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/tpc-supercharger-kit-porsche-997-carrera-0508-p-15559.html

Just a thought! :thumbs:

Funny you mention a supercharger as it had been considered but I am quite glad I didn't after reading the thread about the 996 supercharged up for sale at the moment and the linked thread with discussions from Baz at Hartech at the negatives of adding such a beast without considering upgrading many other engine components to cope with the extra pressures of the supercharger.

My dilemma is just as you say , I love my car and have spent thousands on it to increase my enjoyment of it. There is nothing at all wrong with it, as anything that has needed doing gets done straight away, its fast and fun I don't do track stuff so I don't need to take it to the edge . My interest was just seeing what difference these mods did and the things that worked stayed and the things that didn't went in the garage and there are lots of bits in there lol. So because I enjoy the car and am not bored with it why am I toying with spending another £15/20k plus my car to get into something that effectively looks and drives the same but probably wouldn't have the same road presence that my existing car has .
I am not someone who thinks the supposed issues with the gen1 cars are as prevalent as some think, so its not that.
So is it that sometimes we just fancy a change, I had thought it might be that there was not much more I could do to mine so maybe I was looking for something I could waste bag loads more money on just to upset the bank manager :floor: I guess I am not the only person who has these dilemmas :dont know: should just consider myself lucky that I am in a position to have a 911 and be thinking about a slightly newer 911 :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Scholester said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

You would get a Kline for half that Phil.

I had some very fair prices from them on Black Friday but decided to stay stock.

LOL Yes I know, but the best sounding one I have heard was turbojims inconnel exhaust from Kline and thats the sort of money they are :thumb:

Phil,

£15-20k to spend eh? Well, my precious could do with a few upgrades if you're lost for ideas! :?: :D

Personally I think you have a superb and unique 911 on your hands which you clearly enjoy. Starting again with a Gen 2 might be appealing but I think I'd find myself constantly comparing it with the mankini green special rather than it being a fresh project in its own right? Just my thought.....

How about a slow burn barn find type project? Wasn't there a thread on 914s recently? Something along those lines whilst keeping that beauty of a car might just scratch the itch?

Anyway, good luck fella with whichever direction you chose. :thumbs:

Oh, by the way, first dibs if you're selling any of the carbon dipped plastic trims....... :bandit:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

:lol: that's true phil. What about a GTS ? Or still too dear :dont know:

FRZ 911 said:
Phil,

£15-20k to spend eh? Well, my precious could do with a few upgrades if you're lost for ideas! :?: :D

Personally I think you have a superb and unique 911 on your hands which you clearly enjoy. Starting again with a Gen 2 might be appealing but I think I'd find myself constantly comparing it with the mankini green special rather than it being a fresh project in its own right? Just my thought.....

How about a slow burn barn find type project? Wasn't there a thread on 914s recently? Something along those lines whilst keeping that beauty of a car might just scratch the itch?

Oh, by the way, first dibs if you're selling any of the carbon dipped plastic trims....... :bandit:

Thanks mate and sound advise may well look at that idea. and yes should the carbon dipped bits come off I will bear you in mind lol
mankini green love it :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Alfaian said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

:lol: that's true phil. What about a GTS ? Or still too dear :dont know:

Now your talking Ian , but all the cars with GT in the name have gone completely mad and its only white ones that seem to ever be for sale :dont know: :grin: maybe the coloured ones are cheaper so get sold quickly :floor: :floor:

FRZ 911 said:
Phil,

Just been outside in the Garden and caught sight of the car sitting there and thought to myself "Thats a lot of car for 25k and to anyone not a Porsche enthusiast it looks a hell of a lot more than 25k worth of car". They are funny cars as they look like they are worth so much more than the actually are worth. :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back