Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone tried lower tyre pressures?

I'm running 32f 40r instead of recommended 36f 44r to improve ride quality given the sorry state of many of our British roads.... Less "crashy" over the bumps, pot holes and road strips / joints... No obvious problems re handling or tyre wear...

I use exactly the same numbers and have exactly the same results.

EGTE said:
I use exactly the same numbers and have exactly the same results.

Good to know... 👍

The best thing you can do for the ride on british roads is to run the OE 17" wheels.

My car came with them, then like most people I swapped for 18" for looks. However it did ride much better on the 17s at whatever the recommended pressures are.

The whole package wheel + tyre is lighter too, although obviously handling suffers slightly with sidewall flex.

EGTE said:
I really cannot see a 2-4psi drop invalidating Insurance.

Let's face it, the average family-wagon probably has one pressure-check every two years (when it's serviced) and you never hear of Insurance failing to pay out in millions of cases.

Man has a point, I know first hand from my non car people colleagues that they don't ever check their pressures, criminal I know.

The return of Marty Wild said:
EGTE said:
I really cannot see a 2-4psi drop invalidating Insurance.

Let's face it, the average family-wagon probably has one pressure-check every two years (when it's serviced) and you never hear of Insurance failing to pay out in millions of cases.

Man has a point, I know first hand from my non car people colleagues that they don't ever check their pressures, criminal I know.

Probably why all new cars have to be sold with some sort of deflation detection.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back