Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heating elements for GT3 bucket seats?

steve r

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi,

I've recently removed my heated memory seats, fitting 996 GT3 bucket seats and would like to get them heated if possible.
Does anyone know it the heater elements can be bought separately and connected up to the original connector under the seats?

Thanks

I'd think it's doable, do you have the leather gt3 style buckets from D911.

I'd be checking the wiring and switching on the existing loom to see how it's configured. The switches are two stage, I assume this gives different voltage outputs to obtain the low and high temp setting.

You'll need to see if the bottom seat pad is easily openable and that the heated pads are not too wide and long.

Here's a kit, loads available

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-C...872127?hash=item56465fd17f:g:x8IAAOSw-0xYZlJx

Good luck

Thanks,

I've got genuine GT3 seats and have swapped the leather centre covers for alcantara.
The bottom seat covers are Velcro'd so it's easy to install the heater pads. There are in 2 sections so I'd need two smaller pads.
The back cushion is sewn closed so I'd need to unstitch it to insert the pad.

Does anyone have a link to the heated seat wiring diagram?

I vaguely remember a thread for exactly this somewhere else a great many moons ago. I think it was on RennTech.org (which I haven't been on for years now), so if nobody has answers on here it might be worth a search to see if it is still there somewhere... Failing that, the other US centric forums tend to have a lot more DIY stuff in general so there are places to trawl for old threads.

Great, thanks for the tip. I think I have a log on so will take a look.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back