Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

I also discovered that Porsche had designed the cabriolet, from the outset, to be able to be fitted with a roof-rack. Once I knew this I had to get one - I'm a keen cyclist, so this will be used over the summer to get me to races:

30468943551_8a122d6e13_b.jpg

And this is where we sit today:

34185265150_d175206a4d_o.png

The bodywork/paint is to resolve the bimetallic corrosion issue that these cars have under the stainless steel striker plate, and some rot that is just starting to show through in the lower seam of the bootlid.

The quotes I got to fix that were 2/3rds the cost of painting the whole car, so I decided that that represented the best value.

Dammit said:
I suspect my OCD is to blame for a significant amount of the cost - we replaced the fourth cam-chain tensioner "whilst we were in there" at my request, as the other three had been done by the PO, also Precision said that a lot of other owners would simply live with a lot of the stuff that (once they'd identified it) I asked them to fix.

Good idea getting the tensioner done, that was the cause of my recent engine maladies (although the IMS bearing started the ball rolling...) :(

Nice car by the way, Dammit. I just wish I had the funds for your level of OCD-ness :)

Driving back from Precision, temp gauge warning light starts flashing, get out of the car to take a look and the coolant level is well below minimum- I think there is water in the coolant bottle, and the temp gauge itself is staying in the middle of the dial- should I assume the system has "burped" as it were, and I just need to top it up? I'm just round the corner from home, frustratingly.

Right, litre and a half of G40 and it's back above the minimum.

Exel wheels made a delivery to Precision whilst they had the car:

34472214642_edc0cb9c63_b.jpg

34503835631_f09e70b9be_b.jpg

I think the centre console delete really changes the way these cars look for the better (and I now fit, which is also nice):

34472205642_e2df9af278_b.jpg

I'm going to paint the seat backs body colour- what's the opinion on whether to do the centre console (handbrake/gear-lever) unit at the same time?

Too much? Spot on?

Dammit said:
I'm going to paint the seat backs body colour- what's the opinion on whether to do the centre console (handbrake/gear-lever) unit at the same time?

Too much? Spot on?

Personally I think it would look great.. :thumb:

But its your P&J - you'd need to live with it. Right now I can't see the downside

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back