Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Has anyone changed their clutch on their driveway?

Ive also done an engine swap this way on my 996. Transmission jack is worth its weight in gold. I would really have struggled without it. I used a big trolley jack and a metal spreader plate to support the engine and this was fairly secure.

Please keep a diary on here with pics :thumb:

chaser said:
Alex or Les ?

Done it twice but I was young and they were both aircooled.
I remember the doddgy bit was jacking the car up high enough you get the box out under it. Apart from that its all fiddly and aukward. Just like evey other car out there.

I got Porsche Torque to do my 996, I must be getting lazy lol.

Sorry to go off track, but changing gearboxes on the drive got me reminiscing...

I made a few custom Beetles in my time, and would happily whip out the engine to give it a good cleanup at the weekends.

Remember picking this one up as a rusty wreck for £70. 6 months later it was in Volks World Magazine.

You need to be sure of your sexuality to drive a pink Beetle in Brighton lol.

10281_4312765010762_1370390111_n.jpg

10281_4312764970761_481620547_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back