Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Correct width / offset for 18" wheels?

M

Hi guys!
Very, very quiet here lately....?

Question, having waited 4 months for my 964 Brembo GT brake kit to arrive from Italy I now realise that the front discs (if I want to use callipers too!) won't fit my 17" wheels. The front discs are a whopping 355mm diameter.

So, I need some 18" wheels. I've looked at BBS but I've heard that the proper 'race' split rims are magnesium and apart from being very expensive they are a ***** to restore (I want the centres to be black).

Anyone point me in the correct direction as far as correct widths/ offsets that will fit please?
I'm running at RS height, currently with 17" Porsche classics with 5mm spacers.

I don't want to have to roll the arches to make them fit. Oh.... the car is a 1990 C2 coupe narrow body.

Thanks in advance!

Mike :thumb:

Attachments

• img_9996_106.jpg
    img_9996_106.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 7,875
  • img_9386_420.jpg
    img_9386_420.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 7,875
355mm :eek: That is overkill on a 964. Does the kit come with adapters to fit the 964 hub?

Wheel size I would suggest 7.5J front with an offset of 50. Rear 9j and offset about 45. Even 18 inch wheels will be a close fit so I would try before you buy.

ras62 said:
355mm :eek: That is overkill on a 964. Does the kit come with adapters to fit the 964 hub?

Wheel size I would suggest 7.5J front with an offset of 50. Rear 9j and offset about 45. Even 18 inch wheels will be a close fit so I would try before you buy.

Thanks for the repy, I believe the kit comes with everything necessary...think I'll look up the info I have somewhere to find out what wheels Porsche fitted to their Cup cars.
Cheers :thumb:

ras62 said:
The calipers are probably radial mounts but the 964 brakes are axial mouts. The kit should have adapters to overcome this.
http://www.944racing.de/wheelweights.php shows many of the Porsche wheels available including the ET or offset.
Thanks for the info. Thanks for the link to the chart... that's really useful.

Forgot to say the cup cars ran on 8" X 17 front ET 52 and 9.5" x 17 rear ET 68 with a 21mm spacer. Let us know how it all goes :thumb:

Offset of 50 on fronts and 50-55 on rears seems to be what folks on 18 seem to be aiming for. I have a set of MY02 5 spoke wheels with offset of 50 on front and 65 on rear which I am going to try with 15mm spacer on rear. Cup & RS cars seem to be able to run with less than 50 on rear but they have a slightly different suspension.

Am looking for a set of 17's as well as 964 brakes so pm if you want to sell.

ras62 said:
Forgot to say the cup cars ran on 8" X 17 front ET 52 and 9.5" x 17 rear ET 68 with a 21mm spacer. Let us know how it all goes :thumb:

Mondrian said:
Offset of 50 on fronts and 50-55 on rears seems to be what folks on 18 seem to be aiming for. I have a set of MY02 5 spoke wheels with offset of 50 on front and 65 on rear which I am going to try with 15mm spacer on rear. Cup & RS cars seem to be able to run with less than 50 on rear but they have a slightly different suspension.

Thanks chaps!
I'm on the hunt now and will let you know how it goes. :thumb:

I have a set of 18" MY02's at the refurbishers that i'm thinking of selling. Gloss Black powdercoat with a thin silver painted lip. PM anytime if interested.

Loving the BBK. :thumb:

C.

Very jealous of those brakes! Will look just the job!

Keep us posted on fitting :)

Chris

cableguy said:
I have a set of 18" MY02's at the refurbishers that i'm thinking of selling.
Thanks for the offer, I like that style but am still in BBS mode at the moment....😀
kevsta said:
That big brake kit looks stopalicious!
I can't wait to get them on, I've been really busy so haven't really looked too hard to get some wheels... I guess I better do that first!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back