Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

H&R anti-roll bars - any good?

andyp

I put MO30 springs and shocks on my C2 NB a while ago and it's about time I updated the ARBs.

The H&R ARBs are a fair bit cheaper than OE MO30s and are adjustable. The RS setup is a lot more expensive but are obviously adjustable. Is the H&R setup a good match for the MO30s springs and shocks? I've read some comments that H&Rs are too stiff; how are people's experiences with them?

Andy

Have them fitted to my 993 along with Pss10 on rennline kit

But yet to drive or track it to comment, previous oem set up was far too soft in the dry.

I looked into these but decided to stay with the non adjustable oe ones. My only comment is to check prices carefully as I could buy them for 50% less by shopping around compared to just heading to the more well known suppliers.

911UK said:
Have them fitted to my 993 along with Pss10 on rennline kit

But yet to drive or track it to comment, previous oem set up was far too soft in the dry.

have you driven this on the road yet? Any initial impressions?

Andy

after replacing every suspension part not my 125k miler now decided it needed the steering rack rebuilt, so the car is off the road again whilst this is done :wack:

in answer to the original question, the handling of the car is much improved with this thicker Anti Roll bars

Body roll is significantly reduced and the car is faster to respond, although this has probably all been a factor from this upgrade.

Set up Before :
Std Monroe Shocks
M030 Springs
Std ARB (F 21mm R 18mm)
Std Suspension Top
Std Front Wishbones
Std Geometry

Set Up After
1. Bilstein Adjustable PSS10 Suspension (Shocks & Springs)
2. H&R Anti Roll Bar: (F 26mm R 24mm) 2 way adjustable
3. Rennline Front Adjustable Camber Plate Top Mount Set
4. Rennline Rear Monoball Strut Top Mount
5. Rennline Rear Strut Top Spring Hats
6. Powerflex Polyurethane Bushes for Front Wishbones - Front and Rear
7. RS Geometry (Fronts -10)

All parts supplied by Design 911
http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt65_-cma81-cmo109/Porsche/993--911--1994-98/Performance-Suspension/
and the work was done by http://www.porsche-torque.com/

Although I almost fitted Koni FSD shocks and have them still in the box

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back