Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 all Electric power

Henryv

Warm greetings.
New member.
I have a 1979 fully rebuilt and converted to Electric power.

Attachments

• 20170424_150333_215.jpg
    20170424_150333_215.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 21,895
Henry, welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Not every day a new member signs up with a picture of their electric powered Targa!

Definitely interested in hearing the story about your conversion, and the power details, recharging etc.

pzero said:
Henry, welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Not every day a new member signs up with a picture of their electric powered Targa!

Definitely interested in hearing the story about your conversion, and the power details, recharging etc.

Thank you for your warm welcome.
Here is a video about the car, and features Richard Morgan of Electric Classic Cars, Llandinum, Powys who restored and converted my car:-

Henry, Welcome to the forum what an unusual car , I love cars that are different. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: would love to look over it if your going to Simply Porsche next month.

Welcome Henry, I was talking about doing this last night with a friend thanks for posting.

Henryv said:
Warm greetings.
New member.

Love the car!! Tell us all about it! :thumb:
And welcome. of course! :D

Halcyon said:
Henryv said:
Warm greetings.
New member.

Love the car!! Tell us all about it! :thumb:
And welcome. of course! :D

At the moment it is being road tested by Richard, before I get it.
Also I have delayed taking the car as other people, like 'Formula E' have just finished a video.
As soon as i get it, I'll post it.
Also a Porsche magazine is due to do a piece.
The interest in the car - the first all Electric 911 in Europe,
has amazed me!! :roll:
When I bought the car it had seen better days, so it is great to see her now.
The 'Silver Lady' is reborn!! :worship:

Attachments

• 20170328_171456_589.jpg
    20170328_171456_589.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 21,799
Nimrod said:
Welcome Henry, I was talking about doing this last night with a friend thanks for posting.

Thank you for your welcome.
We have 54 Kwh of batteries giving us a 'real life' range of over 200 miles between charges.
I have a charger at home.
The 0-60 is about 6 seconds.
The batteries are split 50/50 between the front 'boot' and the rear seat area.
We feel it will give us/has given us a well balanced drive.
Also we added power steering and LCD lights.
Also new brakes.
The whole car was stripped right down, and rebuilt to a high standard throughout.

Attachments

• 20170328_171514_747.jpg
    20170328_171514_747.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 21,789
  • hv_isolator_switch_127.jpg
    hv_isolator_switch_127.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 21,788
That looks lovely, not sure why, but I kind of like the idea of an old electric 911. Funny how you get a boot in the rear, but at the expense of the frunk and rear seats :lol:

.... PS why is this in the GT forum... :?:

Fantastic. Loved the video and the car looks great.

Is it still in Mid Wales?If so, I'd love to pop down to see it. If you need collecting and taking over there, let me know and I'll see if I can help out.

I'll be on the look out for an old shell from now on. I'll have to be in touch with them.

TJW964 said:
Fantastic. Loved the video and the car looks great.

Is it still in Mid Wales?If so, I'd love to pop down to see it. If you need collecting and taking over there, let me know and I'll see if I can help out.

I'll be on the look out for an old shell from now on. I'll have to be in touch with them.

Yes, she will be in Llandinam
Powys (Electric Classic Cars) for another week or so.
Then she will be delivered to me.

Here is the 'Silver Lady' at a Porsche get together with the Porsche Club GB this weekend.
It is Aberystwyth promenade.

Attachments

• 20170507_164654_132.jpg
    20170507_164654_132.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 21,601
Take that Elon Musk!! I'll have that over a Tesla any day. Nice to see Aber as well - was a student there back in the day.

Cheers........Ian

I enjoyed the video and can appreciate the effort that has gone into this but I just don't get it. I love the new electric technology, just ordered my second hybrid and I love classic cars but I don't get the appeal of the two together. Especially so with a classic porsche where the heart and soul of the car was the motor :dont know:

Great show piece but not for me I'm afraid (there is always one :wink: )

I'm sure you'll enjoy it though :thumb:

jonttt said:
I enjoyed the video and can appreciate the effort that has gone into this but I just don't get it. I love the new electric technology, just ordered my second hybrid and I love classic cars but I don't get the appeal of the two together. Especially so with a classic porsche where the heart and soul of the car was the motor :dont know:

Great show piece but not for me I'm afraid (there is always one :wink: )

I'm sure you'll enjoy it though :thumb:

An electric car is faster, quieter and cleaner - MUCH cleaner.
Much cheaper to run.
All manufacturers, including Porsche are pushing ahead with all electric cars.
I bought an old Porsche on it's last legs, and decided to have it completely restored.
For safety I had modern brakes, power steering etc to get the best car I could.
I got rid of the 'smelly' engine, for Electric power - another step into the future.
I understand how restoring to it's original form would interest some, but I want to drive this car, not keep it as a fossil of the past.
Even the radio looks old but it plays CD's and has Sat Nav. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back