Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2017 GT3 Owners are going to love this!

Monkeynutz

7 minutes, 12.7 seconds: The 911 GT3 sets a new best time

The new Porsche 911 GT3 has celebrated its first day on the Nürburgring with a lap time of 7 minutes, 12.7 seconds for the legendary Nordschleife. The road-approved 911, with specifications similar to its motorsport counterpart, beat the time set by the previous model by 12.3 seconds.

Was done on the same day the 918 was back out on track apparently benchmarking but also when they were testing the new GT2 RS

7:33 secs into the clip for the GT2RS 7:11 secs or so for the GT3 doing its warm ups.

'By achieving this time, we have emphatically proven that the new 911 GT3 not only provides the best driving experience, but can also deliver an impressive performance on the Nordschleife. The focus was on optimising the driving quality and adapting to the slight increase in engine power", says a delighted Frank-Steffen Walliser, Vice President Motorsport and GT cars at Porsche. 'A few years ago, lap times like this could only ever be achieved by thoroughbred racing cars with slick tyres", adds Andreas Preuninger, Director GT Product Line. 'The new GT3 can now achieve this with comparatively modest power, but is still fully suited to everyday use."

a1c5e394-da0e-47ed-8a06-9a5221b72ccf_teaser_700x395x1_5.jpg

Yes nice to know but I won't be tracking my car :nooo:

Kryton said:

And why the hell not? You bag a slot on the ultimate track weapon and don't take it to a track?

That's akin to pulling a tipsy Liz Hurley and not banging her!!

Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:

And why the hell not? You bag a slot on the ultimate track weapon and don't take it to a track?

You've a PM

Wouldn't want to "pull Liz Hurley" better girls out there OMO.

Kryton said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:

You've a PM

Only kidding. Wish I had a build slot :sad: And I guess you can enjoy a GT3 by sitting down with a nice red and just looking at it. Enjoy it when it comes...

Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Kryton said:

You've a PM

Only kidding. Wish I had a build slot :sad: And I guess you can enjoy a GT3 by sitting down with a nice red and just looking at it. Enjoy it when it comes...

Thanks all taken in jest :)

Yes another 4 months yet :weed:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back