Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gearbox whine

cheshire911 said:
If you are going to take it to Autostrasse in Leeds from South East Eng;land who are going to sub contract it to Sports & Classic, it is just as easy for you to drive to Sports & Classic and drive home in one of their courtesy cars.

You will incur Autostrasse costs for removing, courier to/from Sports & Classic and refit???

Labour costs between Autostrasse and Sports & Classic will be no different.
You can ask Sports & Classic to quote you (as per their website) the cost for removing and refitting the box.

Of course entirely your choice. Good luck.

Colchester, fella
http://autostrasse.co/service/

Yeah it wouldn't be too cute to drive it to Leeds :lol:

Car went into Autostrasse this morning to get sorted. Annoyingly I couldn't replicate the noise even over the 35 miles to their premises so we shall just have to see when they get out in it and check things over.

Impressed with Autostrasse so far anyway, good experience this morning dropping off. Lovely bloke.

Autostrasse really looked after me. Essentially there is some pinion bearing wear but it's really not that bad, like hardly noticeable, and I should just get over it and drive the car - we can worry about it in the very unlikely event it goes bang in the next few years so to speak.

I'll take that for now. I'd rather not muck about with anything in that lovely IMS area unless it's absolutely necessary anyway, and since the clutch is still just fine I'll just drive it and keep an eye on things to see how they develop.

Service done, more compliments on the car being a general all round good egg, that makes me a happy panda.

Cheers guys.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back