Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S valuation

I think very low 20s, given the rebuild piece of mind. A late teen car will always have a 5 figure rebuild risk sitting over it's head.

Robertb said:
lewisf182 said:
BMW 130i. It's down on power but on a dry day don't think there would be much in it. It's actually a bloody lovely car especially when the suspension is sorted... i'll be extremely sad to see it go.

I meant blunted as in compared to a manual C2

I would be very surprised if anyone other than Walter Rohrl could outrun a C4S tip in a manual C2, point to point in road conditions.

I don't think this matters, whichever way it would go - the reason you'd buy a tip C4S over a manual C2 is because you prefer the way one drives over the other.

My next estate car is likely to be an auto, my current one is a manual - I think an auto would suit that style of car better, for example.

Dammit said:
I don't think this matters, whichever way it would go - the reason you'd buy a tip C4S over a manual C2 is because you prefer the way one drives over the other.

I think you'd choose manual/tip for preference on how it drives, you may well choose a C4S over a C2/C4 for how it looks.

I used to run a BMW Z4 with the 3.0 straight 6 prior to my 996 C4S. The comparison in performance is they are miles apart, not just handling, but in straight line speed, and acceleration. The Z4 was like a milk float compared the 911, and I felt the Z4 had been pretty impressive. Buy the car you want, nothing wrong with a tip, it's a very good box, and the C4S performs brilliantly and looks so much better than a narrow bodied car ( my opinion only of course ).
A car with a full Hartech rebuild is worth a lot more than one with a potential £12k looming over it's head, so even though it has 100k, if its a straight car, with a lot of recent spends, I don't see why a £20k+ price tag is too much. Buy on condition.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back