Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

After it annoying me since I got the car, I finally bought a new spoiler wall for my car and fitted it. Daylight robbery for what amounts to be a bit of rubber, but it no longer looks like a baggy old thing.

Attachments

• img_4186_214.jpg
    img_4186_214.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 5,876
New Heat Shield the only thing on the 996 that had rust on it :) and a set of Interior LED bulbs in white

Fitted a GT3RS gear knob to the previously installed 997 GT3.2 shifter and a handbrake handle & steering wheel trimmed to match by Jack at Royal steering Wheels:

7A436406-4653-4D3B-AA9B-53A3344D242D_zpsbjh1af1h.jpg

I had my rear ARB bushes changed on saturday. He noticed my front top mounts need changing (which i suspected) and my air con pipes need replacing (also guessed it would be these). He also noticed a few minor oil leaks and one that seemed to be weeping from the cylinder head. Oh and my clutch peddle is quite firm (been like that since i bought it) and i think its to do with the clutch accumulator as that has moisture on the plastic cover under the bonnet, but this other guy reckons its the pressure plates and OMG it needs doing now. Any thoughts. BTW i bought the car 3 years ago not recently.

Just ordered a set of discs, pads and vibration dampers - £365 for the lot. Mine are verging on knackered, with plenty of noise and vibration on heavy braking.

Guess what I'll probably be doing at the weekend!

Stoo.c said:
Just ordered brand new 997 C4S OEM Porsche front top mounts to fit to the 996 along with new front ARB bushes (changed the droplinks a few weeks ago) and Goodridge braided brake lines as I have already bought all the caliper hard lines from Porsche (old ones getting crusty).

Design911 sent the wrong ARB bushes - standard ones and not C4S ones :x

Clinchy - how much did they set ya back m8...??

Osh

Are those just clip on rings then? I've ordered a water pipe and some o-rings for the pipe. For those interested it's got a bung in it that's almost corroded thru, it's about middle of the car left to right when viewed from the back and maybe a foot under. It's worth check on turbos/gt2/3's (not such if carrera have thus pipe). In a week or 2 I will be ordering front top mounts and the long air-con pipes.

New front OEM speakers. PSE switch fixed. Gearbox mount (the local OPC out here is wonderful. They advised me to buy the part from eBay as the entire unit would be 10x more).

chriscoates81 said:
Are those just clip on rings then? I've ordered a water pipe and some o-rings for the pipe. For those interested it's got a bung in it that's almost corroded thru, it's about middle of the car left to right when viewed from the back and maybe a foot under. It's worth check on turbos/gt2/3's (not such if carrera have thus pipe). In a week or 2 I will be ordering front top mounts and the long air-con pipes.

Dial rigs are push fit and grip well 👍

Three months ago I had M030 suspension kit fitted to replace the factory fitted M030 kit (122,000 miles), installed by Pete at Center Gravity and setup just as I like it.

A month ago EMC Motorsport fitted new Brembo front discs & pads after the Sebro/Textar combo were past their best after 17,000 miles (perfectly worn pads so the calipers are working fine!). The Brembo setup is a huge improvement over the OE items.

Today they also fitted a lightweight flywheel, she now sounds like an RS with the gearbox chatter, it's still quite refined in the cabin but standing outside with the engine at idle it sounds quite racy!

CV

Just fitted new front inner and outer cv boots, front coffin arms and control fork arms.
The grease in the front axels was definitely due replacing..very runny, 84k probably never been touched since new.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back