Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

insurance accident

andygenders

thankfully not in my car, but was parked in carpark whilst wife was shopping in her car and a driver reversed into her car, admitted fault at the scene, took all the details etc , and then rang her Insurance company to claim against his policy. thought all going well, then her Insurance company rings back saying it was my fault, as i drove into him (not true, and he has independent witness to say it was my fault).

apart from wanting to rip his head off, thoughts !!!! what could i do.

there were no independent witness at the scene, so almost his word against mine.

Might be CCTV coverage of the car park which you could access??
Hope you get it sorted.

Then you need to tell them your independent witness has just called you asking if you were ok after that bloke ran in your car and give them the details of your independent witness.

When something like this happens, always have your camera phone out.

Whatever happens, the best outcome you'll get now is knock for knock. Insurance companies don't bother fighting each other any more. Only fighting they do is with their customers when it comes to paying out time.

As above, unless you have a witness on your side the chances are at best you will end up with a 50/50 claim, at worse they will take the other guys witness as gospel and end up claiming everything off you. :(

I think you either give in or take him to court and hope that his 'witness' folds rather than go to court.

Lidl or Waitrose car park :dont know:

Horrible scum.

Pip

There is some ***** about nowadays isn't there.. :nooo: Was your wife's car stationary i.e. in the space in the car park? handbrake on ? If she was then it could only have been the other drivers fault.
I've known of this sort of thing being sorted out before by drawing a quick sketch of the position of the vehicles involved and the direction of travel of each.. a few photos of where it happen often helps your Insurance company state your case :thumb:

Reading this the other day has got me thinking that if this ever happened to me is that I'd get them to write down on a price of paper and asking them to sign it taking responsibility.
I'd go to court as well and hope for the fold of the witness. Good luck

That's why a quick video clip as soon as it happens of all the surrounding area and scene of the accident is the way forward. Let him point out on the video where his witness is then.

With any incident, the first thing to do is to start taking pictures - it reduces the likelihood of some chancer trying to take the pee if the first thing in their mind is that evidence has been gathered.

The other thing is of course that if anyone ever witnesses an accident - always stop and offer yourself up as a witness. If everyone did that then I am sure that there would be a lot less fraud in the car world and we would all be paying less for Insurance... :?:

whilst it won't stop it from ever happening again, i have fitted a front and rear dash cam to her car, just in case for the future.

It obviously sounds like its one the guys mates. Best thing to do is get the name of the witness from your Insurance company and do a facebook search to see if there is a link between the guy that hit you and the witness. Chances are there will be, if so you can prove it's not an independent witness meaning his word doesn't stand for much but best of all it shows that the guy that hit you has lied about the fact he's stated his witness was independent.

I work on a counter fraud dept at a law firm and we do facebook searches all the time and it's amazing how thick some people are!!!

Good luck

Tell the swin35 that you will be hooked up to a lie detector and take it from there ?

I always have said if they connect me up, the truth will come out and then they will know. Why dont they do this more often

There are so many dishonest people in the world, it baffles me

They will get their come uppance believe me. When one does the ***** on someone else it will be returned at some point in time...i PROMISE u !

Feel for you

GOODLUCK

Andy - it might be worth reporting this to the Police. At the end of the day what the two are engaging in is fraud.

I'd suggest you write down every single detail you can remember, what clothes were you wearing, what was the weather on the day, can you remember what other cars you were parked next to. The other 'witness' should know this.

Also, does the 'witness' have a mobile phone...?? If he has you can ask the Police to check the mobile phone records of which masts he was connected to at the time - if he was miles away you can prove he's lying and they could be charged with it...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with this - there are some utter scum about at times.

By the way if you were at a shop i'd suggest asking the shop manager about CCTV - the vast majority have it ... (she kids dont get sweets )

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back