Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The remap dilemma - now mapped + exhaust

So i picked my car after the intercooler & boost pipes were upgraded and the re-map applied.

I'm still not decided on the exhaust so the car remains with the OEM exhaust and cats.

The car drives very different, firstly I can hear the turbos spooling up and thats always a treat, I've also noticed they spool earlier too. The end result is a much faster car i can really feel the difference, the drive home was awesome.

the vbox stats prior to the work comencing were
100 - 200 8.2secs

After the remap
100 - 200 6.4secs

I plan to swap the exhaust and y-pipe next, and then maybe look at hybrid turbo. My experience at ES Motor was great I was luckky enough to meet the man behind the maps too (Emre).

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, the exhaust will make the world of difference once it's done... Emre is a top guy and i don't think there's anything he doesn't know about the 911... welcome to the ES family :)

Update, since having the car mapped I decided to get rid of the std strangler (exhaust) and after much deliberation I opted for a 3" ES Motor exhaust. The difference is very apparent I felt a sharper throttle response, more power/torque. oh and there's the noise too. The spool is more audible building upto a roar on WOT. In my opionion the standard exhaust let the car down and muted the noise rarther than celebrate it however now the car has a greater sense of drama about it and the orchestra of the flat 6 is so much more pronounced. I threw together a little youtube video for those interested, make sure you have headphones on to enjoy the weight of the sound:-

https://youtu.be/GdACShimIbQ

Thanks for sharing, is there any difference in the vbox stats now that you have the exhaust fitted?

apollokre1d said:
Thanks for sharing, is there any difference in the vbox stats now that you have the exhaust fitted?

I've just bought a do88 y-pipe once thats installed i'll get the vbox stats re-done.

solaris said:
apollokre1d said:

I've just bought a do88 y-pipe once thats installed i'll get the vbox stats re-done.

I believe ES are resellers for D088 stuff now arnt they? Do you have stock intercoolers? I was eyeing up the D088 intercoolers, Y pipe and all the pipes inbetween. Seem quite reasonable price if you buy them directly from D088 - im not sure how ES compare but I guess they factor fitting into it too.

rabbitstew said:
solaris said:
apollokre1d said:

I believe ES are resellers for D088 stuff now arnt they? Do you have stock intercoolers? I was eyeing up the D088 intercoolers, Y pipe and all the pipes inbetween. Seem quite reasonable price if you buy them directly from D088 - im not sure how ES compare but I guess they factor fitting into it too.

I bought all my hardware direct when they had a sale, but yes ES can supply too.

I'm using the do88 intercoolers turbo pipes and eventually the y-pipe.

solaris said:
apollokre1d said:

rabbitstew said:
I was eyeing up the D088 intercoolers, Y pipe and all the pipes inbetween. Seem quite reasonable price if you buy them directly from D088 - im not sure how ES compare but I guess they factor fitting into it too.

I was looking at these too, 9e offer them on some of their packages. Are you going for the larger ones like the ones listed here?
http://www.do88.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9617&osCsid=7626ec34242677a4be5332fa1b033cd4

apollokre1d said:
solaris said:
apollokre1d said:

rabbitstew said:
I was eyeing up the D088 intercoolers, Y pipe and all the pipes inbetween. Seem quite reasonable price if you buy them directly from D088 - im not sure how ES compare but I guess they factor fitting into it too.

I was looking at these too, 9e offer them on some of their packages. Are you going for the larger ones like the ones listed here?
http://www.do88.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9617&osCsid=7626ec34242677a4be5332fa1b033cd4

Thats what I had in mind. I did purchase some stock GT2RS intercoolers and was going to fit them, but am now thinking I may just sell them (brand new, unused) and go for the D088 items instead. The stock GT2RS intercoolers are apparently good for upto 600bhp, so tbh they may be enough, but I quite like the idea of the bigger bore pipes, Y pipe & plenum.

apollokre1d said:
solaris said:
apollokre1d said:

rabbitstew said:

I opted for the smaller ones http://www.do88.co.uk/product_info....=8910&osCsid=7626ec34242677a4be5332fa1b033cd4 as I dont intend to change the VTG's (....well for anyway) :D

FzfJVtq.jpg

i6dee5i.jpg

pp3iNeZ.jpg

ns6IFdO.jpg

4KCvBnQ.jpg

Cr156mZ.jpg

A 100 cell cat should deliver at least a further 20bhp. I run catless:)

rabbitstew said:
apollokre1d said:
solaris said:
apollokre1d said:

rabbitstew said:

Thats what I had in mind. I did purchase some stock GT2RS intercoolers and was going to fit them, but am now thinking I may just sell them (brand new, unused) and go for the D088 items instead. The stock GT2RS intercoolers are apparently good for upto 600bhp, so tbh they may be enough, but I quite like the idea of the bigger bore pipes, Y pipe & plenum.

If you do decide to sell the gt2rs, how much are you looking for? I might be interested :D

drabux said:
A 100 cell cat should deliver at least a further 20bhp. I run catless:)

I opted for a full 3" catless setup too, The roar on WOT is spectacular, makes one very smiley indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back