Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabriolet drivers window

Delanor

Nurburgring
Yesterday whilst out in the sunshine I went to raise the drivers window and it only moved a couple of inches with a whirr and crunch and and a clunk and then no further movement - I guess the drive cable in the window regulator has broken has anyone had this happen in a Cabriolet as I guess it has implications with raising/lowering the soft top as window closing is part of the sequence.

Luckily I still had the hard top on so I could raise the window by hand but does the regulator and motor have a setting some how as the Cabriolet motor is different to the Coupe.

As well as a replacement regulator instead you can buy a repair kit of just the cable has anyone tried using one of these?

Any Cabriolet owner had this happen?

Del.

I had this happen last year but on the passenger side.

I bought a replacement regulator from ECP whilst they had a discount code so worked out about £170ish and then its a fairly easy job to change it over yourself.

I managed to do it the same weekend it broke and didn't drive it until it was fixed.

Hi Leon 1 davies, i too had the passenger regulator fail not so long ago.Like you have said, easy enough to change but i dont know if i have a problem.Here goes, i never noticed previously that when the window is down it actually sticks proud of the top of the door by approx 1inch :dont know: ,whereas the drivers one goes inside the door. Prior to fitting everything was measured against the original o.k. Apart from this everything, windows,roof ,etc work perfectly. Answers please. :roll: cheers.

nant said:
Hi Leon 1 davies, i too had the passenger regulator fail not so long ago.Like you have said, easy enough to change but i dont know if i have a problem.Here goes, i never noticed previously that when the window is down it actually sticks proud of the top of the door by approx 1inch :dont know: ,whereas the drivers one goes inside the door. Prior to fitting everything was measured against the original o.k. Apart from this everything, windows,roof ,etc work perfectly. Answers please. :roll: cheers.

On the bottom of the regulator is a small white plastic block held in place with a T20 torx screw .. you have to remove it .. so door card is coming back off and i think you can just about remove it with the window in situe.

The regulator is a multi fit and some models use it and some dont .

Hi Demort, so by removing this block how will this allow the window to come down further :dont know: . Cheers.

You should see the price of the rear window regulator. Approx £550
:eek:

Vinny

nant said:

Ha I have the same problem but just haven't been bothered to sort it out yet...but what demort said :thumb:

nant said:
Hi Demort, so by removing this block how will this allow the window to come down further :dont know: . Cheers.

Part of the regulator when lowered hits it and stops .. if its removed the regulator will drop lower.

Thanks for that Demort , proberly leave it as it is now. :thumb: cheers.

It turned out the cable was rusty and had broken, the motor was OK but I got a good OE replacement regulator and motor from "McPorsche" for £79 delivered - a new after market regulator was £60-£70 so have got a spare motor out of it.

The regulator is the same for all 996`s but there are 2 different motors one for the Coupe and one for the Cabriolet don`t know what the difference is though.

Del.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back