Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying off a Parish minister must be better than a doctor?

Bund

Montreal
Its actually not a bad price but I'm not sure if the owner either has a good sense of humour or actually thinks that being a "current" parish minister(albeit former car sales manager) makes a bit of difference?

I mean you can't lie if you're a parish minister and that's why you're no longer a sales manager???? Is that why he's a former sales manager.... :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...d=2c921cb059b141760159b35e6a9d0007&logcode=pp

I think im in the wrong job if thats what parish ministers drive :)

I went to look at a car owned by a doctor, it was a right tired knocked about thing. It had paint on the rear, although he claimed it was parking knock when queried, if it was there was a lot of overspray. Worn shiny seats, definitely used as a tool for the job.

Doesn't matter whom you're buying from it's always a gamble.

You could say a poor person won't have the money and run it on a shoe string or you could say a poor person knows the value of money and has looked after it more than usual.

You could say a wealthy person has the money and has looked after it as money is no option or you could say a wealthy person won't have looked after it because they'll just buy another so the upkeep is not important.

:?:

PPI every time through an OPC :thumb:

In fairness my Doctor comment was tongue in cheek, it irks me when they list previous owners such as these - like we're meant to look up to such people for treating objects better than the rest of us. My real irk though is when the add mention previously owned by a footballer.

Bund said:
In fairness my Doctor comment was tongue in cheek, it irks me when they list previous owners such as these - like we're meant to look up to such people for treating objects better than the rest of us. My real irk though is when the add mention previously owned by a footballer.

I know you didn't mean it literally, makes me chuckle when I read 'genuine reason for sale'! Every car for sale has a genuine reason, they want it gone. :grin:

MNC911 said:
Bund said:

I know you didn't mean it literally, makes me chuckle when I read 'genuine reason for sale'! Every car for sale has a genuine reason, they want it gone. :grin:

I think they usually mean "Im not selling because it's *****" sort of reason :p

Around here, the typical ad is pretty vague, but always seems to state "full (GCC) spec, lady driven". Given that the ladies in question take every speed bump at full throttle, it should be taken as a warning. I had a chat with the one of the service managers at AGMC (Land Rover) and he was saying that a 'lady driven' Range Rover often needs a full suspension rebuild after the first 12 months ...

As stated above, the only way around this is a PPI and a stack of paperwork. :frustrated:

if you look at one of the photos, the number plate says scotmcrumm.couk
if you look at the website, ut says he is a minister, plus does part time hair loss consultancy and other part time jobs!!

mark pearce said:
if you look at one of the photos, the number plate says scotmcrumm.couk
if you look at the website, ut says he is a minister, plus does part time hair loss consultancy and other part time jobs!!

A veritable one stop shop.
Hair Transplant
Proffesional DJ
Church Minister
Party Hire
Weddings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back