Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Wheels

They're looking great!

Need to sort out the centre caps next :D

Jay. said:
They're looking great!

Need to sort out the centre caps next :D

You're right! Have been considering what to do. Thunking of getting a set of these..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-G...%3Aa174085715b0aa19ebfc53ecfffea637%7Ciid%3A1

Cheap and don't look bad quality for the money. Not ready to shell out £150 for a Porsche set that probably wouldn't be a good colour match anyway.

The wheels came with some nice carbon fibre wheel caps except they have OZ printed onto them which I'm not too keen on. Have thought about trying to embed a metal Porsche crest into them but can't source anything suitable!

Anyone else tried the cheapie ebay ones?

I have had a few sets - they are fine but the crests do fade.
I think they used to be a tenner on eBay ... inflation?
I would order a couple of sets from China and be prepared to change them every 6 months or so.... or just get your originals painted to match??

rob_p said:
I have had a few sets - they are fine but the crests do fade.
I think they used to be a tenner on eBay ... inflation?
I would order a couple of sets from China and be prepared to change them every 6 months or so.... or just get your originals painted to match??

Thanks Rob, will give then a try, if they only last 6 months then for £20 no great shakes. Will probably try and paint them to match the wheel and lacquer them!

Looking bang on Rob although I could be classed as slightly biased.

Get those Ohlins on and the car down to a sensible height

Cheers Jim :thumb:

Yes, definitely needs less height!!

Great pics :thumb:

Wheels look great rob :thumb:

I bought the centre caps you've linked and they look great on the car for twenty quid :)

Alfaian said:
Wheels look great rob :thumb:

I bought the centre caps you've linked and they look great on the car for twenty quid :)

Cheers Ian! Just ordered a set :thumb:

Jim,

do you have the 12" on the back of your ? tried to find your thread on your car but search function on here is hopless

Gazc2 said:
Jim,

do you have the 12" on the back of your ? tried to find your thread on your car but search function on here is hopless

Yeah got 12's on the back of mine. Will swap the tyres to 245 front and 325 rear next time round as the 305 are a little stretched and I am not keen on the look.

Also the wheels/finish are quite soft so rims get a bit battered being exposed as much as they are. Not a complaint I drive my car quite hard and just seem to pick up a fair number of stone chips and gravel rash

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back