Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

exhaust sensor

P911X50

Nurburgring
Hi

I'm looking at fitting a new exhaust and pondering whether I should fit new sensors.

I'm looking to keep the car for years, so would it be financially wise to change sensor now, even if they seem ok? According to invoices for the last 5 years, they haven't been changed.

Any thoughts?

If you're not doing the work yourself then yes, get them changed and think about sourcing them yourself as I bought mine from Euro Car Parts on Ebay and got two for about £110, which is a steal.

If you're doing the work yourself, then unplug them from the harness but leave them screwed into the exhaust when you remove it. Once you have the exhaust on the bench/floor/kitchen table, only then try to undo the O2 sensors. If you can get them out easily enough, then put plenty of anti-seize goop on the threads and pop them into your new exhaust. If they are seized into the old exhaust and won't come out then just let them go with the old exhaust and buy new ones.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back