Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Caliper bleed nipple issue - warranty question

Update

Thanks to this forum I have been able to sort out the problem and prevent further issues for £204 rather than the ca. £900 quoted by OPC for supply and fit of new caliper.

Firstly I spoke to my local trusted garage and they agreed to remove caliper and keep car on ramp for 2 days until problem solved. Then I spoke to Thomas at Pro Calipers and he was ready to receive the problem caliper, in order to remove and the seized nipple and make a time-cert repair if necessary.

On the day in question I was quickly contacted by my garage to tell me that they had been able to loosen the problem nipple that two OPCs had failed to remove. I therefore purchased a set of SS nipples and covers from Thomas, bought some Porsche DOT 4 fluid from OPC and had my garage remove all 8 nipples and replace with SS units. Interestingly they told me that they believe that neither of the rear brakes had been bled as black fluid came from both.

Thanks to all who posted with advice, which helped me resolve this problem. :worship: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back