Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 engine bay clean up - help please

ARP

Spa-Francorchamps
I feel it's about time I got around to a good clean up of the 993 engine bay.
What's the best way to get a really good clean, best products to use, best methods. It will probably lead to getting the fan and housing painted, but I would really like to get it looking good before I take that plunge.

Hi Arp

I tend to strip it back a bit, remove air filter, blower motor and accessories, be mindful of how they come apart and block any holes with plastic or rags or both.

Now many will wince but I use gunk and work it in well and then blast off with pressure washer then dry with compressed air

I then detail with standard products like autosol of the metal and wipe the rubber plastic bits with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care but I am a bit behind the times toothbrushes and lint free cloths and paper towels are handy

I enjoy cleaning the engine bay more than cleaning the body work...........unfortunately it's evident

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back