Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cat strap replacement

pietrzj

Spa-Francorchamps
Anybody done this? Do you need to drop the cat?

Mine both need replacing and I have cut one of them off, but can't pull it around and off as it fowles on heatsheilds and other stuff.

Any instructions out there???

Which strap? I recently replaced all my exhaust fittings (exc headers).

Is it the one with 2 thin strips that hold it to the bracket? I was able to cut them off fairly easily...but I also had the flanges undone and the other double clamp

its the two staps (bands of bendy metal) about 12inches long that go around the cat itself either side of the sensor.

I could now undo all 6 of the the gasket flange bolts (manifold to cat) if I had too as they are shiny Stainless, but if I do that I would have to buy new birschoff gaskets so want to avoid that if I can.

Just wondered if there was a way of threading them around the sat at some point.

Quick run - your on the 996 section - I'll cover you :gunfire:

Do you mean a boxster exhaust ? if its the one im thinking of then the cowling can be removed for rattles but ive never refitted one as its part of the exhaust .

996 image here and no 1 is silencer off and no 2 is a cut and remove .

Attachments

• porsche_996_349.jpg
    porsche_996_349.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1,165

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back