Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which fuel injector cleaner do you use?

cbr6dc

Montreal
Specific brands?

Or any brand?

Car feels lumpy at idle like it's not firing perfectly.

Might not be the injectors.

Don't waste your money; get it looked at instead.

Red-ex here.

You should religiously wack a full bottle in half a tank every 6 months. It's only a few quid and can save a lot of money down the road..........also keeping your bhp, torque and mpg at its optimum.

Letting injectors get clogged up is just foolish, especially on 3.6 engines where you can never change your fuel filter.

Also......my above post is not suggesting it'll fix your lumpy idle.

Cheers. My mate recommended it as he used to have to do it every 6 months on his highly tuned RS turbo.
It's something i can stick in to eliminate that possibility.

Don't bother; if you believe the issue is related to injector flow at idle/dirty injectors, remove them and get them ultrasonic cleaned.

Did that to a friend's Mk1 MX5 and the difference in idle quality and general crispness of the engine was fairly marked.

Things in a can will not clean injectors as they're not capable of doing so in the time they flow through.

My mechanic swears by the stuff, so long as you double the dosage on the bottle and religiously do it every few months.

Regardless of what both I or my mechanic think, watch this excellent video on injection cleaning :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back