Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newcomer and looking to purchase my dream car

I wish I had joined the forum earlier, I was always a lurker :) the information and suggestions are great and really appreciated. I'm going to look over the suggestions and no doubt I will have more questions to come.

thanks again everybody

Found out yesterday that the blue 911 has had the front bumper and front wing painted, it hasn't been recorded so I think I'm going to pass on that one.

Most 911's of that age will have had front end painted (due to stone chips) so I would not discount it just for that reason if everything else is 100%

However I was in the same position as you 6 months ago. My advice would be to beg, steal, borrow, sell one of or even both of the kids.....anything to scrape enough money together to go for a Gen 2 with the DFI engine rather than a Gen 1 with M96/97

As above - standard protocal having front end resprays every few years, don't be put off by that.

Unless its a garage queen.

One of the downsides to having a fully colour-coded 170mph+ rocket :drive:

thanks again, the bumper I can understand but the wing has put doubts in my mind.

I'm in the middle of reading the Hartech guide so Im going to give it some more time and research before I finally purchase.

I would look for a nice spec gen1 for £30k and put £5k in the bank as a slush fund - and as others say get all the checks done.
Its ok pushing the budget to get a gen2 but as long as you are still left with money for the other maintenance items...tyres/clutches/radiators etc. so i think you need £45k for a decent gen2

Mine has had front bumper, bonnet, right wing, door and rear wing all painted because someone decided to key it, so don't look at it as a bad thing.

Stone chips will almost always mean a bonnet and front bumper have been done, and a front wing is pretty minor. Still, plenty of better priced cars out there.

resigner said:
Stone chips will almost always mean a bonnet and front bumper have been done, and a front wing is pretty minor. Still, plenty of better priced cars out there.

From the pictures of the first car it appears they are dealing from a church so at least you know they will be honest?

seeforez said:
resigner said:

From the pictures of the first car it appears they are dealing from a church so at least you know they will be honest?

Or they have a loose grip on reality...

MC

MisterCorn said:
seeforez said:
resigner said:

Or they have a loose grip on reality...

MC

Maybe god will be looking down on me if I bought that one

all good advice! This is your first Porsche so best to listen to the advice on here most of us are on our 3rd 4th 911 I've had 3 lucky to now have a turbo.

If you see the right one act quick!

I've had manual and tip a close friend as pdk, I've had with PSE and without I've had comfort seats and fully adaptive hard backs, pcm 2 and pcm 3.
For me I couldn't live without sport exhaust and pcm 3 and I prefer tip but would love pdk. I would go GEN 2 pdk good luck and keep us updated.

At £35k it's got to be a Gen 2 997.
A Tip, Cab C4S is the heaviest 911 of them all, just go for a basic Gen 2 3.6 Carrera :thumb:

£35k Gen1 Cab sounds like a lot of money to me. Cab 4S probably the least dynamic drivers car too, worth taking a few for a test drive to see what you like!

oof, that interior!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back