Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

KLINE exhausts, service above and beyond.

DynoMike

Hello all, a quick review of Kline's excellent 996 Turbo exhaust but more importantly, a brief insight as to the company's level of service if something is not quite right with their products.

I purchased a 200 cell 996 Turbo system from Kline direct at the tail end of last year. The exhaust sat wrapped in a box until the middle of last week when it was decided that it was about time to fit it, mainly because the straps holding the original system on had badly corroded and after all, why not?!

The original behemoth of a silencer was removed and the Kline was mocked up on the bench. At this point a problem was encountered, namely that the original X50 tips on my car wouldn't crush sufficiently to grip the pipes. A quick email was fired off to Felix at Kline explaining the situation. This was on Good Friday. I returned to the workshop on Saturday to see if anything could be modified to fit, where I found an email from Christian, the system designer, apologising for the error and saying that if the exact dimensions of the Eisenmann tips was supplied, they would make a bespoke silencer system on Tuesday (due to the Easter holidays), ship the new system on Tuesday evening for delivery on Wednesday! Unreal, a superb response to the problem.

Due to bad weather in Germany the system was delayed by 24 hours but delivered on Thursday at 9.30 am. Now I call that service! The system fitted my tips perfectly, so with four new lambda sensors installed, it was fitted to the car.

The results

In a word, incredible! The car is actually quieter on cold start than stock, but nicely judged at low throttle openings. Open the taps and it sounds utterly intoxicating :cloud9: A friend was following in my daily driver and said that when the throttle is open it sounds like a pure race car from behind, perfect!

I think Kline may have a new strap-line, Aural Engineering. I can't wait to drive it again and again now. As for the company's response to the slight problem with my system, I couldn't have asked for more. Hats off to them.

If anyone has a 996T and wants it to sound better, just do it :thumb:

New997buyer said:
Now THAT'S service :eek:

:thumbs:

I couldn't agree more Paul. Glad to know old fashioned values are still alive and kicking in the 21st century :worship:

Fantastic Mike.Its nice to hear of such good service. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back