Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Georgie Best , the lost Porsche .

Kimbo said:
When I lived in London I used to drink with George Best on a Saturday lunchtime in a pub that I can't remember the name of.

I wasn't into football but I did like wine. He never talked football and I never talked Photography. Birds used to come up but he wasn't interested, as we were having a chat. Someone who valued The Chat.

A softly-spoken, polite, convivial Irishman who liked chatting and by 4-oclock used to buy anyone left in the pub a drink, which I tried to stop him doing, like you would do with any of your mates who was on on a roll.

Never mentioned a Porsche, any cars, money or wealth.

A great loss.

No help to the post, just sharing a GB story.

:salut:

New997buyer said:
Kimbo said:
When I lived in London I used to drink with George Best on a Saturday lunchtime in a pub that I can't remember the name of.

I wasn't into football but I did like wine. He never talked football and I never talked Photography. Birds used to come up but he wasn't interested, as we were having a chat. Someone who valued The Chat.

A softly-spoken, polite, convivial Irishman who liked chatting and by 4-oclock used to buy anyone left in the pub a drink, which I tried to stop him doing, like you would do with any of your mates who was on on a roll.

Never mentioned a Porsche, any cars, money or wealth.

A great loss.

No help to the post, just sharing a GB story.

:salut:

+1 :thumbs:

cubasteve said:
:bandit: I know George Best drank at a Pub on Haverstock Hill NW3 close to the bottom of the hill near Steels Road . Cuba :bandit:

This one was off the King's Road in Chelsea. Adding to say that it wasn't just me and him at the bar. A group of locals met there often and he was just one of them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back