Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water Wetter for M96/97 Engines

I'd be interested to hear the science behind that- certainly a cheaper option than Evans Waterless Coolant.

Water Wetter works by reducing the surface tension of water which in turn improves heat transfer from metal surfaces. However it works best in neat water coolant which isn't what you have in your car these days and it contains some pretty nasty stuff as an anti-foaming agent which can in ideal (or not ideal depending on your view point) circumstances cause problems.

In a 50/50 mix with a modern coolant based on relatively pure water it's effects won't be anywhere near as dramatic as in neat water. It does have an effect though and it can be beneficial.

I don't think the point was one of compatibility, but efficacy.

As standard coolant mix (vs pure water) already has a lower surface tension.

GT4 said:
I don't think the point was one of compatibility, but efficacy.

As standard coolant mix (vs pure water) already has a lower surface tension.

Exactly modern anti-freeze, especially the for life/long life stuff already has additives to reduce surface tension and improve heat transfer.

Alternatively if you are feeling really gangster then this:
0230098_l.jpg

Will do the same job - and that's no joke it's got a lot of similar surface tension reducing things in it so water runs off plates and glasses in your dishwasher.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back