Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Polly's coming home!

Well done, you won't be dissapointed. I'm 3 years in on my "Hartech" car. Bought it straight from their showroom, rebuilt engine. Grant was very helpful when buying and throughout ownership (and Tobias).
The peace of mind from the work done and the gold maintenence plan has made Porsche ownership a pleasure and cost effective. Cars on 100k now, running sweet

LR75 said:
Well done, you won't be dissapointed. I'm 3 years in on my "Hartech" car. Bought it straight from their showroom, rebuilt engine. Grant was very helpful when buying and throughout ownership (and Tobias).
The peace of mind from the work done and the gold maintenence plan has made Porsche ownership a pleasure and cost effective. Cars on 100k now, running sweet

That's great to hear :thumb: The attention to customer service can't be underestimated, it's really important to me. I had a service with a respected indie not long ago and not one member of staff passed the time of day with me despite some issues with my car, I guess my business wasn't that important to them. Grant could not have been more generous with his time.

Even though they are 160 miles away I will be seriously considering getting my servicing done there in future!

So picked up my car from Hartech this afternoon :thumb:

All good, engine is sweet again, running really well, seems a bit more revvy and smooth and sounds great. The new headers have added a slightly raspier sound and maybe a tad louder but not too much, maybe a little more grunt in the midrange too but hard to tell as can't really rag it too much at the moment!

A very happy bunny again :D :D :D

Also, followed a lovely white Gen2 C4/S with just a 911 badge on the rear on the way back from Bolton! Anyone on here?

DucatiRob said:
So picked up my car from Hartech this afternoon :thumb:

All good, engine is sweet again, running really well, seems a bit more revvy and smooth and sounds great. The new headers have added a slightly raspier sound and maybe a tad louder but not too much, maybe a little more grunt in the midrange too but hard to tell as can't really rag it too much at the moment!

A very happy bunny again :D :D :D

Congrats and just coming into the right time of year to make up for lost time. :thumbs:

Nice one rob, good news :thumb:

What's the running period? Is it 1000 miles on Castrol then oil and filter change to millers and way to go?

Thanks guys :thumb:

Running in period is 2000 miles, not too gentle which can do more had than good, just variable running and give it a bit now and again :)

Hartech put in Millers XFS to start with and it has a filter change after they finish their test runs, will probably switch to Millers nano after the 2000 mile running in!

Martian said:
Pleased to hear your car is all well, good call with using Hartech.

Now why do *men* name their cars, especially 'Polly'? You can forgive women naming their cars but......... :oops:

My girlfriend's youngest named my car.. that's my excuse anyway :wink:

I'm about a month behind you so am really interested in your views/opinions after the rebuild.
My car a 997.1 2005 has 98K on the clock and although had good Oil Pressure and no real problems it did have the distinctive dirty left exhaust tip and occasional smoking from the left side. After much research and speaking to various alternative sources I too plumped for Hartech as an ex professional engineer myself I was impressed with their detailed understanding of the problem and also with the advice they were willing to offer over the phone. The car was delivered to Bolton on 30th march and the visit couldn't have been more reassuring and I left feeling that my car was in the hands of professional enthusiasts.

Last week I received a follow-up phone call explaining exactly what the had found having previously sent me a picture from the endoscope clearly showing some evidence of bore scoring.

They outlined my options and their suggestions. I too have opted for the full closed deck rebuild including: 6 liners and pistons, new crank and con rod bearings, chains tensioners, IMS bearing, water pump, pulleys, tandem pump which I had already purchased and several other remedial jobs taking advantage of having the engine out.

Interestingly, although there was some bore scoring on no6 it wasn't terminal and the IMS after 98K was only showing signs of wear (probably to be expected) perhaps a truer indication of the real IMS issue But I'm looking to keep the car and want to future proof the weakest link. so a full rebuild it is.

I'm hoping to get the car back at the end of April so am keen to hear your thoughts on your experience.

wingco said:
I'm about a month behind you so am really interested in your views/opinions after the rebuild.
My car a 997.1 2005 has 98K on the clock and although had good Oil Pressure and no real problems it did have the distinctive dirty left exhaust tip and occasional smoking from the left side. After much research and speaking to various alternative sources I too plumped for Hartech as an ex professional engineer myself I was impressed with their detailed understanding of the problem and also with the advice they were willing to offer over the phone. The car was delivered to Bolton on 30th march and the visit couldn't have been more reassuring and I left feeling that my car was in the hands of professional enthusiasts.

Last week I received a follow-up phone call explaining exactly what the had found having previously sent me a picture from the endoscope clearly showing some evidence of bore scoring.

They outlined my options and their suggestions. I too have opted for the full closed deck rebuild including: 6 liners and pistons, new crank and con rod bearings, chains tensioners, IMS bearing, water pump, pulleys, tandem pump which I had already purchased and several other remedial jobs taking advantage of having the engine out.

Interestingly, although there was some bore scoring on no6 it wasn't terminal and the IMS after 98K was only showing signs of wear (probably to be expected) perhaps a truer indication of the real IMS issue But I'm looking to keep the car and want to future proof the weakest link. so a full rebuild it is.

I'm hoping to get the car back at the end of April so am keen to hear your thoughts on your experience.

Hi Wingco, my experience with Hartech sounds exactly like yours. Having a little engineering knowledge I too really appreciated the time afforded me both over the telephone and when I dropped the car off to them.

Regarding how the car feels now, definitely a little tighter and a little more responsive. Difficult to compare with mine as it needs a remap and is still a little fluffy at lower rpm but I can't get that sorted until it's properly run in. The engine also feels smoother and sounds sweet again so happy days!

In answer to the question of why do men name their cars perhaps its the same answer as why men have a pet name for their private parts.

I'm told its because they don't like their lives being ruled by a complete stranger :)) :D

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back