Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's your daily?

And this is my other daily drive.
bit heavy on fuel though

Attachments

• 59203mini_111.jpg
    59203mini_111.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 9,490
I've decided to keep the Saab. It's just too nice to pass on and it owes me relatively little money. The old Mini will go. The Mrs has promised to avoid kerbs in the new car. Much as I hate getting a car scraped or dented, this is typically, at least in my experience, the fault of others.

Scraping the alloys against a kerb is always the fault of the numbnut behind the wheel. It's my pet hate and something that I can't live with. I collect her Mini wheels tomorrow so they are pristine. I fear it won't be long before I'm getting them done again but it's my job to spread wealth into the economy...

Anyone want a low miles Mini One Auto with mint wheels, new Michelins, air con and 24k?

New996buyer said:
Makes sense Kimbo. FYI Michael of MJA993/MJA911 fame, fitted an uprated clutch actuator to his 993 when he had it and said it transformed it completely. :D

Yes thanks for that. I had that in my old car and it's a great upgrade and makes stop start driving much more bearable.

I don't know why I'm even complaining about heavy clutches - mine's an Auto! Just like to whinge I guess. And another thing...

This is my daily.A VW T5.It's quiet,comfortable and has a fair turn of speed and if you spec in a dark metallic they can look pretty classy too. :D

My daily driver is a 2003 mazda 6. Which was made a cat c by some student crashing into the back of me when I was at a stop light. For some reason I love knowing the fact that everyone's car is worth more than mine (£100). My aim is to get to 239,000 miles...why because distance to the moon :grin: I know I know I'm a bit weird :lol:

Wow, thread resurrection so just to wind NB997 up (some things never change) ....

I don't feel the need to justify them :roll:

Just bought a new BMW M4 competition pack to replace my M3 as a daily driver along with my Superbikes.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Just bought a new BMW M4 competition pack to replace my M3 as a daily driver along with my Superbikes.

Congrats. A sturdy steed amongst your other wild stallions for the Baron of Camberley ;)

Audi estate with a 4.2l V8 under the bonnet as sometimes you just need more space.

Had an E46 320d for 2 years for daily duties. but was rubbish and died with a 160k on the clock.

Replaced a few weeks ago with a SAAB 9-3 Aero. The most comfortable seats.

Mine is a Range rover Vogue as it is the total opposite end of the spectrum to the 911 and between the two there is nothing I cant do .
The Porsche was my daily for the first 3.5 years I owned it, but needed a do anything go anywhere vehicle to complement the 911 Now my time is split quite evenly between the two. :thumb: :thumb:

T8 said:
My 'daily' is now the 57 plate Lexus IS that my wife bought 5 years ago. It was due to be traded in for the GT86 she bought 2 years ago but ended up being kept as the family taxi. With fLsh and only 49k miles up it'll probably end up being a keeper.

The GT86 in the meantime has only done 3.5kmiles in the last 2 years - probably with me doing 2.5k of those - and provides as much fun as you can have around UK 'B' roads without the frustration of only using 50% of the cars capability.

It's got to the stage where I only get the 997T out to go to a Porsche related event or to somewhere where the performance can be exploited. For me this keeps each experience 'special'.

The Lexus was replaced by this 15 months ago but it only gets used for journeys where over 20mpg is likely to occur and/or when 3, 4 or 5 seats are required.

The GT86 is now 'the daily' and it's great fun. :thumbs:

It's the Vito van for me. Love it. Bloody shifts n'all. It's got the C class 3.0l turbo diesel with a cheeky wee remap... I've upset a few teenagers playing traffic light Santa Pod :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back