Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cassette Holder

Zorro

Montreal
I thought there may have been a similar post previously, but my attempts to search failed. Using "cassette" as a search term brought up 350+ results, none of which appeared to be of any relevance, so I tried "cassette holder" and got 1,250+ results and I didn't bother looking. Anyway I have the cassette holder between the front seats which is obviously redundant and I would welcome any suggestions for a viable alternative in its place please.

I did the drinks holder, nicely made, fits well etc, tho it's just a small bit far back for grabbing beverage while driving. Certainly beats listening to the kids playing the cassette-holder-pop-em game while they ask 'are these something from the olden days daddy?'

Or just order the insert from OPC (circa £16):

809-15.gif

PN (#10) = 964.552.159

Personally, I preferred the leathered up cupholders from Prestige Parts:

cup_holder_120.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, I fancy the open tray as a place to put my phone rather than trying to wedge it in the ash tray only to fall out.

This thread has inspired me to replace the frankly space waste that is the cassette holder. Can't decide which replacement to go for, the drinks holder just seems "wrong" on a car like this but it would be really handy on long trips. But as it's a fey Targa I'll probably go down that route.

I went for the cup holders, hot because I ever drank in the car, but because the shallow, ramped tray is useless once moving.

Yes, pop your phone or Trevor mints in the tray, but expect to fish them out from under the passenger seat after the first roundabout :floor:

The cupholder lip (figure eight aperture) keeps stuff securely in place.

Gert used to do a little tray to replace the cassette holder. Might still do.

Drinks holder holds sunglasses case and change pot perfectly.

8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back