Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 - Jolly Boys' Outing Spring 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomtom models 510, 520, 610 and 620 will all work. I loaded the routes onto my 610 last night. The 20s are the newer models. If I bought again I'd go for a 5 as the 5" screen is plenty big enough and the 6" a bit like an IMAX experience in a 993.

If anyone needs help loaded routes onto these models I'm happy to help. Just PM me :thumb:

TomTom 5100 here... simpler to use as there's no need to connect it to your phone, it's fully standalone. It has a SIM built in (free for life) so you get traffic, camera updates etc automatically. You can also just manage all your routes online via a browser and it will magically send them to the tomtom

...I can feel an inevitable Amazon purchase coming on :sad:

For techy novices - what's the difference between a 5100 and a 5200?

I think the '2's' are the newer models. So 520 and 5200.
Mine came with lifetime map and speed camera updates included. Looks like the 520 and 5200 do now, but not the 510 and 5100

jcbaldock said:
TomTom 5100 here... simpler to use as there's no need to connect it to your phone, it's fully standalone. It has a SIM built in (free for life) so you get traffic, camera updates etc automatically. You can also just manage all your routes online via a browser and it will magically send them to the tomtom

Ok, i've borrowed one of those from my son - and have got a couple of routes set up in the TomTom MyDrive map / browser window.

Only problem is they are not appearing on the device...

Any thoughts?

You'll need to login on the device with the same account you're using on the MyDrive website. Under Settings -> TomTom Services

I've tried that but no joy thus far

In which case the device probably needs a software update (I had to do this to mine as well to get the routes to copy over) Once the update starts, it takes about 90 minutes

Details here:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/an...e-on-your-navigation-device-(mydrive-connect)

Once that's done - check it's signed in again and hopefully the routes should appear as long as the device has a connection ( you should see network status: connected under the TomTom services section)

Thanks very much for all the advice!

All the gpx route files are now on my sons TomTom 👍🏻😀

........ looks I will flying by the seat of my pants ....... with Google Drive and "turn by turns" ....... as it looks like my Garmin is not able to down load ...... Well I did it Germany last year so I daresay it is doable again ...... :)

....... I hope we are going to have a "full house" ...... some have been noticeable of late by their absence ...... maybe they are less excitable and more cool than me ........ ;)

madalaa said:
........ looks I will flying by the seat of my pants ....... with Google Drive and "turn by turns" ....... as it looks like my Garmin is not able to down load ...... Well I did it Germany last year so I daresay it is doable again ...... :)

:grin: I think you'll manage Andy.

More than most I can appreciate how much effort is going into the preparation for this trip and I'm really not taking the mick but somebody eves-dropping on the thread one could be forgiven for asking "How many weeks are you're going for and how many countries are you visiting?" :D

I bet you're all getting really excited. Have a great trip. :thumb:

infrasilver said:
I always compare sorting out a road trip to this.

Brilliant Chris.
Andy, as far as I know, there are more than a few of you meeting at Chepstow Castle on Thursday morning. Steve, Tony and I should be in a mini convoy, and Bob may be with us too, depending on when he gets to the UK.
Can't wait. :Dance-Tap:

I'm still considering the mini convoy idea... :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back