Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 C2

If you feel like parting with your old seats drop me a PM :)

Rich

JM30 said:
Sorry not much of an in depth comparison but one word would be it feels more of an occasion 'Special'!

High praise from someone who has owned some great cars!

Love your non-sunroof :thumb:

Nice car JM30, that's very similar to mine except mine has a sunroof and is filthy.

Do you happen to be anywhere near Fleet in Hampshire? I would love to have a look at your seats in the flesh if that's ok, as I think they will be my next upgrade.

Wiggy thanks for the offer but feel its best i keep all parts in tact for future not to mention if i find i'v got too much timber and find them too tight when on a long trip that i plan to do in this lol :p

Y2K yes it is, i loved each of them but feel quite attached to the 996, i have joined the 911 ownership fairly low down in the price range but i still look at it as a very special bit of kit that deserves love care and enthusiasm that it also returns each time i drive/look at it!

BHX661 thanks mate :thumb:

Martin, I'm in Canterbury mate so a fair way from you but of course i'd welcome you to take a look/sit and see what you think no problem :wink:

JM30 - great looking car mate. Really like the alcantara seats - certainly on my to do list. I have to recommend a light weight fly wheel - feels so responsive and great for blips !

Plenty of lovely looking C2 aero's on this forum, great to see so many :thumbs:

Thank you for the comments, i will keep your recommendation on board if i ever need to change the clutch in the future,

I a bit more active on this forum now been lurking for a while!! yes lots of beautiful examples on here :thumbs:

Love the spec and Aero kit on a 996.1! Your car looks great :thumbs:

How are you finding the D911 GT3 style seats? Are they good quality? Does the Alcantara match the colour of your headlining?

I am thinking to get a set but split in two minds to buy D911 or OEM GT3 (x4 the price).

Thank you :thumbs:

Would you believe it i have not had the time to drive it since fitting them!, its not turned a wheel in over a week :oops: i cannot wait to get it out Monday when i'm off!, i will be driving it down to the MOT and then for a blast so will report back on comfort and general feel of this setup.

Matches the headlining nicely and quality is good, i can't give you a direct comparison as i have not had the pleasure of a close up on OE GT3 seats however i would imagine quality will be better but x4 better? if money is no subject go OEM but for a really similar seat, still featuring carbon backs and much much lighter than my OE sports seats its a great buy,

Did you get the D911 sliders/fitting kits for the seats as well?

Cheers.

Y2K- Yes i have the fitting kit from them, side mounts and sliders.

Looks the biz that I have to say.

JM30,

Hope the MoT goes well. Get out and drive, enjoy the British summer whilst it lasts!

Thanks for the info regarding the GT3 seats. I had the chance to sit in a GT3 and they are very comfortable + supportive.
I am going to order a set (leather) from D911 and keep £3k on maintenance + performance parts.

Do I just need the side mounts from D911 to install? I have the sliders from my current seats.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back