Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

928 parts

Lonfish

Hi, does anyone know of a good supplier in the UK or germany of used and new parts for a 928? I'm after the following list of body and interior parts for a 1988 S4:-

Door seals
Window weather seals
Front and Rear bumper seals
Sunroof seal
Cup/Teardrop mirrors and fittings
Tweeter speaker grills
Centre console covers in black - front and rear
Electric seat switch

many thanks
Lonfish

Answers below in bold:

Lonfish said:
Hi, does anyone know of a good supplier in the UK or germany of used and new parts for a 928? I'm after the following list of body and interior parts for a 1988 S4:-

Door seals [b][url]www.rosepassion.com
Lonfish said:
[/url]
Window weather seals Frazer Pemberton aka Mr928
Front and Rear bumper seals www.rosepassion.com
Sunroof seal www.rosepassion.com
Cup/Teardrop mirrors and fittings www.rosepassion.com
Tweeter speaker grills - NLA for the tweeters, some grills still available from www.rosepassion.com also check eBay for good 2nd hand
Centre console covers in black - front and rear - Southbound Motor Trimmers sell the vinyl by the meter. Very efficient and nice chaps to deal with
Electric seat switch - www.rosepassion.com or eBay for good 2nd hand parts

many thanks
Lonfish

Currently restoring a 928 GTS 5-spd and a 928 S4 5-spd and this is my experience - unless you are really chummy with OPC Reading Trade, don't bother with Porsche. Kelvin there is super nice, but I still only saved about 5% tops off the prices advertised by Rose Passion and had to wait 4 months for a door seal and the two sunroof seals.

I would advise against fitting cup mirrors on a S4 - these days it is the original cars that are fetching strong money. Also, I have Cup mirrors on my GTS and my race GTS - they are utter shite in terms of visibility despite looking good :grin:

I got my bumper seals from Porsche Newcastle no problem and cheaper than I thought.
If your after the rubber seal that runs along the base of the window/door top, you can get a copy pair off eBay, they are slightly different where they curve up at the edge but apart from that there perfect.
Try Paul Anderson for second hand parts like the speaker covers.
I think the door seals are readily available but expensive at £150 each!

Thanks Che - rosepassion is an amazing resource - I'd never come across it. Appreciate the other pointers too. Torn on the teardrops as I really love the look but hear you on visibility. May just blow £500+ anyway and keep the others at one side for originality. I've already removed the rear spoiler and put it in the garage....and its still completely planted at high speeds :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back