Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

In my case, tinted windows are practical since they help to keep the interior heat down considerably on a hot day. The angle of the rear glass means it gets a very direct hit from the sun both driving and when parked. Imagine yourself trying to position a reflective sunscreen in the back (parking) on a blazing hot day, with fixed buckets and a cage. There is lots of sun where I live so an important consideration for me. I have also optioned the windscreen sun strip which I don't even think is an option in the UK is it?

Aesthetically, I am not super keen on them but nor am I particularly against them so the practical aspect swings it.

I'm guessing you don't live in Scotand or the West Coutnry then? Otherwise you would be after a rear wiper! :grin:

weejimmy said:
I'm guessing you don't live in Scotand or the West Coutnry then? Otherwise you would be after a rear wiper! :grin:

That would be a pretty safe bet ! Ex Scotland though so all too familiar with four seasons in a day... and no need for tinted windows !

Marto said:
I have also optioned the windscreen sun strip which I don't even think is an option in the UK is it?

Standard equipment (cannot be deleted even though it technically has an option code and cost, thus doesn't show on the configurator) on every UK spec 911 since at least the 996 as far as I am aware.

I know some of the "inner sanctum" have bagged slots for these. However, anyone got an actual delivery date?

Is everyone holding out for a manual later this year or are some of you getting a PDK any day soon?

I am looking forward to seeing one on the road!

jotaking said:
I know some of the "inner sanctum" have bagged slots for these. However, anyone got an actual delivery date?

Is everyone holding out for a manual later this year or are some of you getting a PDK any day soon?

PDK for me + Sept 1st/ish delivery :)

Kryton said:
jotaking said:

PDK for me + Sept 1st/ish delivery :)

Manual for me but a rather 'we'll get back to you on the date'

Manual
Agate Grey
Club sport Spec
Full Buckets
Bose
DAB radio

My dealer was unnecessarily hard work and quoted every man and his dog who all wanted this car if I didn't want it, even though none of them have bought a 911 before, when I asked.

I still can't believe how cheap this car is, as I would have thought they would have worked supply / demand on the price and wacked it up by £25k.

Rossi911 said:
I still can't believe how cheap this car is, as I would have thought they would have worked supply / demand on the price and wacked it up by £25k.

They could definitely do themselves some favours by pricing it a bit higher...it would weed out some of the speculators leaving OPC's hopefully dealing with more genuine buyers. But it's clear that Porsche prie these cars as halo products and use it to drive customer loyalty and sales of cars lower in the range. I am sure there are plenty of wives that will be getting persuaded the next family wagon needs to be a Cayenne rather than an X5 or Merc ML.

Rossi911 said:

+1 far to cheap for what the car is

15 December confirmed. Gave up a September delivery to wait for the manual. Not in the U.K. though. Much cheaper in U.K. at current exchange rates and I tried for a lhd slot from U.K. OPC but no chance....

Spoke to my SE at OPC the other day. They are getting 6 but I've more chance of seeing Jesus than bagging a build slot.

Ah well, I'll have to keep slumming it in my turbo. It's faster anyway.... Bitter? Moi?

Are there any on the road in the UK yet?

I am not sure what I will see first?

A GT3 on the road or a GT3 for sale on PH for 180K+?

What do you think they will hit the used market at? :?:

jotaking said:
Are there any on the road in the UK yet?

I am not sure what I will see first?

A GT3 on the road or a GT3 for sale on PH for 180K+?

What do you think they will hit the used market at? :?:

Deliveries to the UK won't happen till late summer/early autumn. The used car
market ?....the flipped ones will appear soon after, with a 50K premium !.

Build slot for mine is December 17 (strange date). Really hard getting one as there is a strict criteria on who gets a GT3. You must have bought two or three GT's from a dealership before they would even consider giving you a slot.

Ordered mine out in Saudi Arabia (I work here) just like a normal car order. Unfortunately it will be a left hooker, but I can live with that as I've saved 20% on not paying VAT.

Apparently I'm number 7 in the country. Off to pay the deposit on Saturday and it should arrive mid October.

Probably blasphemy, but I didn't order it with buckets as my back finds them uncomfortable on long journeys (I travel across Europe quite often), plus I'm buying it as more of a tourer than an out and out track weapon.

Guards Red
Manual
Black satin wheels
Black PDLS headlights
Leather/red stitching interior
Front axle lift (horrific speed bumps here)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back