Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil pressure sender

That looks exactly like the gen 1 version, not that answers the Q. Had mine changed a week or so back.

Hi m8

try ringing Eurocarparts - they might be able to give you chapter and verse

Ta

If you are looking for cheaper alternatives then it will take a little research (the one listed above isn't too bad at £32)

You can buy a 0-5 bar twin pole sender as per the OEM unit "like" the following item:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oil-Pressur...3A1efbdb9c15b0aa19c5d13c9bffff53ae%7Ciid%3A13

But you will need to check the oil take off fitting in the head and may have to run an adaptor piece (no great issues there once you know the heads thread dia and pitch).

Let us know if you are successful :thumb:

Do we know what size thread it is? The one I listed was M10, the eBay one was M12, I think?
Can anyone confirm the fitment? :)

My engine is in bits so will try and get a thread size from the head for you tonight unless someone can confirm in the mean time. :thumb:

Ok here's the thread spec for oil pressure sender on the 996.2 3.6 engine

M14 x 1.5 (so you'll also need an m14 male to m12 female 1.5 adaptor)

I measured across the terminals and mine (which was working) gives 8.5 ohms

Hope this helps

Harv said:
Ok here's the thread spec for oil pressure sender on the 996.2 3.6 engine

M14 x 1.5

I measured across the terminals and mine (which was working) gives 8.5 ohms

Hope this helps

Brilliant! thanks :thumb:

I thought the original part from Porsche was around £60 but when I went into find out how much they were today, I was pleasantly surprised to be told they were £35 and that was without club discount. I pick it up Saturday.

bullet7 said:
I thought the original part from Porsche was around £60 but when I went into find out how much they were today, I was pleasantly surprised to be told they were £35 and that was without club discount. I pick it up Saturday.

:thumb:
Always worth checking with OPC!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back