Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Turbo at Terminal Velocity - 205mph :D

IMI A said:
Did you go to VMAX on 25 March 2017 OP?

9e 28 ran 195 mph on a tough day with strong head wind.

How did other ES cars get on there?

I think 9e will be attending with their new bigger builds at TV. Currently dialling them in,

Their new 996 9eXX is unbelievable. 1200whp + with no traction control or 4wd. Congrats Faried :thumb:

Yes i was there, congrats on the 195, a good time considering that head wind :). I did a few at 191mph and after a couple of tweaks to the map did a final run at 193mph Gps on the vbox. I was loosing power at the top end and looking at the logs afterwards it seems i have a small boost leak.. I was also running on pump fuel and was a little jealous watching you pump all that race fuel in to yours 8) , i am going to have to try that sometime i think... Will endeavour to get the boost leak fixed in time for TV...

MS109

I only use MS 109 at meets to prevent knock.

Ken, if you can kindly let me have a specific race map for MS 109 for TV that would be perfect and very much appreciated. Haven't got a clue how I'd upload it unless you attend TV to help me out with that , logging etc.

Cheers,

Imi

:thumb:

Re: MS109

IMI A said:

Imi

Ah OK, and there was me thinking you was using to boost your power... silly me :floor:

No different to using Meth or E85. With VTGs biggest issue are EGTs and race fuel helps prevent knock. Ive already blown up a stock engine at high speed on v power! £40k for a new mezger engine hence I will always run MS109 at events.

Non of us are tuned to take advantage of running meth or MS109. I'd love to see how much quicker the cars are with a dedicated race map. Just a bit of fun old boy :thumbs:

AdeD said:
IMI A said:

Imi

Ah OK, and there was me thinking you was using to boost your power... silly me :floor:

Of course even without a tune MS109 allows car to run much stronger. ECU on a 997 very clever and adapts just as it does when running cooler on meth or E85 or both ;)

Martian said:
Isn't that a little bit against the spirit using 109? :roll:
To be fair the spirit in Vmax went years ago when people starting trailing cars to the event. Prior to that the rule was you drive there and back.

We tune our cars using 99 vpower. Adding 109 as a blend will help add protection to the engine since most of my customers run 30-40 runs (at Vmax) one after the other which doesn't let the car cool down.

However you can tune specifically for 109, so you can add a lot of timing and power with it.

IMI A said:
AdeD said:
IMI A said:

Imi

Of course even without a tune MS109 allows car to run much stronger. ECU on a 997 very clever and adapts just as it does when running cooler on meth or E85 or both ;)
It burns the fuel quicker because it is oxygenated (up to 5%) so it will run better, but it won't change timing or boost.

IMI A said:
Just a bit of fun old boy :thumbs:

Absolutely, always up for a bit of banter, i never saw it as anything else :)

Showing my naivety here, but where do you get 109 from? Do you just pour it in and run it, or do you mix it with 99RON to blend it?

Just had a very quick google and it came up as £100 for 18L. Thats some pretty expensive fuel if thats the correct price! Not as expensive as an engine though I'll grant you!

ragpicker said:
Showing my naivety here, but where do you get 109 from? Do you just pour it in and run it, or do you mix it with 99RON to blend it?

Just had a very quick google and it came up as £100 for 18L. Thats some pretty expensive fuel if thats the correct price! Not as expensive as an engine though I'll grant you!

http://www.trackstuff.co.uk/VP MotorSport 109.htm

You can blend it or run it 100%. Good stuff!

IMI A said:
ragpicker said:

http://www.trackstuff.co.uk/VP MotorSport 109.htm

You can blend it or run it 100%. Good stuff!

Good man, cheers! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back