Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Hi Andy,

i paid £300 for the Manifolds which are normally £350 i also have the large bore 63mm 200 Cells X Flow Cats, i can't say which is best to go for size wise, but when i looked about on the good old tinterweb, it would seem the larger bore ones let the car breathe better so are the ones to get.

The X Flow cats have made the noise better in my opinion, more throaty and also give a little bit of popping on overrun etc. i'm glad i got those ones.

As for the cross over ones that match the standard ones, i've no idea as i've not heard or know anyone that's fitted them.

Here's a link to Top Gears site, let me know if you want anything and i'll let you know who sorted me out, i have been given a good discount from them.

https://www.topgear.co.uk/index.php...7&attributes[14][]=Porsche&attributes[15]=911

Take it easy

Craig

My reverse lights and reverse sensors stopped working, so I bought a new reverse switch and got that fitted... Amazing how much you rely on them once they're gone!

Oil & Filter & pollen filter change.
Rear stop light & side light bulbs.
New windscreen courtesy of my Insurance company, no longer have the boomerang crack and bullet holes.
New Sachs clutch fitted and when removing the Drive Shaft found the flex joint/disc had cracks in the rubber so this was replaced as well. Luckily this part is now available on its own (£75) as previously it meant a complete Drive Shaft (lots of £££)

The car was fully inspected whilst on the ramps, no oil leaks, RMS & IMS look good which is a massive relief. The seals on my boxes look ok too so no exhausts costs on the horizon. Indy said it was nice and clean underneath and was a great example which is satisfying to hear.

Car now drives like a dream and i can't thank Barry & Chris of Brooklands Swanley enough. I've never driven this car with the clutch working as it should so it took me a while to get used to the new bite point, i don't miss the left leg gym workout. I really should have got the clutch replaced 3 years ago.

This week I mostly polished my car with `Best of Show` from Swisswax, very happy with the outcome!

Attachments

• 1mb_996_pic_184.jpg
    1mb_996_pic_184.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 6,636
A set of refurbished wheels to replace the awful set that were badly kerbed and damaged from the PO. I want a set of hollow twists one day, but for now having the style the car was bought with, but in good condition will do!

Attachments

• img_3685_608.jpg
    img_3685_608.jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 6,589
  • img_3061_703.jpg
    img_3061_703.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 6,589
thecarfixer said:
A set of refurbished wheels to replace the awful set that were badly kerbed and damaged from the PO. I want a set of hollow twists one day, but for now having the style the car was bought with, but in good condition will do!

I have the 'turbo style' wheels (not hollow) and a great advantage is that they are so easy to clean, better than any alloys I have ever had on any other car.

Mike

floppy wipers.

First stage in the Paddle Conversion

Attachments

• 17759075_10158467736240164_1907791224_o_556.jpg
    17759075_10158467736240164_1907791224_o_556.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 6,430
Just ordered brand new 997 C4S OEM Porsche front top mounts to fit to the 996 along with new front ARB bushes (changed the droplinks a few weeks ago) and Goodridge braided brake lines as I have already bought all the caliper hard lines from Porsche (old ones getting crusty).

Hi

Last week new engine mounts and transmission mount by garage A. This week fitting a 9e switchable exhaust by garage. Garage B notices that Garage A had incorrectly fitted the engine mount (cross threaded and not set properly on chassis).

Can't wait to hear the exhaust and 100 cel cats. Lets see if garage A agree to fit new engine mounts. Thankfully garage B noticed the mistake.

P911X50 said:
Hi

Last week new engine mounts and transmission mount by garage A. This week fitting a 9e switchable exhaust by garage. Garage B notices that Garage A had incorrectly fitted the engine mount (cross threaded and not set properly on chassis).

Can't wait to hear the exhaust and 100 cel cats. Lets see if garage A agree to fit new engine mounts. Thankfully garage B noticed the mistake.

Having changed my engine mounts a few weeks ago this is a job which is pretty hard to get wrong - there are 2 bolts and one nut. Not sure what "not set properly on chassis" means - the bolts weren't tightened up?
If they can't get this right I am not sure I would be going back.... just a thought.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back